DAI has recently won a four-year contract to deliver the Prosperity Fund Mexico Energy Strand Programme. Over the course of the next four years, DAI will develop 3 locally-run Enterprise Development Centres (EDCs) that will offer targeted workforce skills development, international certifications, apprenticeships, small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) accelerator programs, mentorship, capacity building for energy regulators through trainings, and government-to-government exchanges. The ultimate goal of these Centres is to leverage local content in the Mexican energy sector to create sustainable energy practices, foster cross-sectoral socio-economic development, and generate new market opportunities.
We are looking for one driven and highly organised Analyst to support the team’s technical analyses related to the programme’s inception phase (first 8 months of the programme – focused on start-up, stakeholder engagement and data analytics) and design, strategy and operationalization related to the programme’s implementation phase (remaining 2.5 years of the programme – focused on operations, data analytics, thought leadership, stakeholder engagement, events, and course offerings). This position will be full time beginning in October 2019.
The Analyst will work closely with the Team Leader, Senior Analyst and Workforce Development Lead providing first-class technical delivery and data analytics, project management support, and knowledge management/product development.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Technical Delivery and Data Analytics:
- Workforce gap assessment – conduct background research on existing Technical, Vocational, Education and Training (TVET) institutions and Universities working in the Mexican oil and gas and clean/renewable energy sector; identify potential partner institutions and cross-sector skills development opportunities; collaborate with the Workforce Lead to interview industry experts; supporting author of oil and gas and clean energy workforce gap assessment reports (with inputs and oversight from Workforce Specialist)
- Industrial baseline study (IBS) – support IBS as-need through quantitative and qualitative desktop research on the Mexican oil and gas and clean and renewable energy sectors; analyze model outputs; generate graphs and identify most effective means of data visualization; contribute to both clean/renewable energy IBS report as well as the oil and gas IBS report
- Ad-hoc written and analytic support related to other technical activities such as market analyses or stakeholder engagement
- Draft, review, edit, and format reports, briefs and PPT decks for technical programme activities (ex: written brief documenting a stakeholder forum or a PPT deck with the outputs of an industrial baseline study)
2. Project Management:
- Support the Team Leader with the coordination of inception phase-related activities, and monitor programme progress and deliverables
- Set up meetings with partners and external stakeholders, and provide logistical/operational support
- Attend and participate in meetings, take minutes, circulate meeting briefs and follow-up action points
- Comply with DAI ethics, safeguarding and security policies and procedures
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in a similar position in Mexico (data analytics, energy sector, government, international development)
- Excellent organisational skills, proactivity and the ability to work under pressure and comply with tight deadlines
- A team player with a positive “can do” attitude that reflects DAI’s core principals of integrity, responsibility, excellence and global citizenship
- Able to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment, whilst maintaining effectiveness
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish (written and spoken)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Political Science, Business Management, Economics, Engineering, International Relations etc.); Masters degree preferred
- Availability to take on this assignment in a short notice
- Knowledge of statistical management tools such as R or STATA are preferred
Please note that all profiles are indicative only and therefore subject to change.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org