EPD is looking for a Communications and Research Assistant to join our team in March 2020, for a 6 month traineeship (with possibility of 12 months). This traineeship takes place within the framework of a Contrat d’Immersion Professionelle.
Duties and responsibilities
- Developing and implementing the EPD communications strategy in cooperation with the Advocacy and Communications Officer;
- Managing the daily communications work:
- weekly newsletters;
- daily website management (drafting and posting articles, updating pages, redesigning pages);
- social media monitoring and posting;
- developing infographics and basic typesetting and graphic design.
- Developing and implementing strategic communications campaigns about specific topics;
- Assisting and ensuring fluent EPD internal communications to facilitate the flow of information among EPD Members, including by supporting in the coordination of the communications working group;
- Support for proofreading and editing papers and reports;
- Conducting policy research on topics related to EPD’s activities, including drafting fact sheets, policy briefs and stakeholder mappings;
- Attending and writing reports/minutes of meetings and relevant EU events;
- As with all members of the office, assisting with such administrative tasks as scanning, filing and preparing for events;
- Providing other kinds of assistance as requested.
- Recent graduate or young professional with strong interest and sound knowledge of EU policies, particularly external policies (ideally in the field of democracy support) and/or EU digital tech policy;
- An excellent command of English;
- Motivation to learn and contribute to EPD’s work;
- Previous experience in policy research, website development (Wordpress), graphic design and social media management are considered assets;
- A working level of Portuguese is considered an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org