All who are selected to participate in CFR’s Blavatnik Internship Program and Robina Franklin Williams Internship Program receive training in the field of foreign policy and international affairs as well as skills training in writing, research, program planning and much more.
The Publications Department is involved in the editing, production, and marketing of CFR Books, Task Force reports, Council Special Reports, the Annual Report, and papers on a wide range of issues. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in a career in writing or editing.
CFR internships are paid, require a 14 - 18 hour commitment, and are filled on a rolling basis.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting Publications department with all stages of CFR publications processes
- Editing and proofreading projects
- Providing maintenance and supporting the editorial oversight of CFR webpages and partner websites
- Assisting with other tasks as needed, including annual report preparation
- Attending general Council meetings and other programs on foreign policy issues, as time permits
- Undergraduate student focusing on international relations, journalism, English, literature, or related field
- Strong interest in publishing, and background in editing, writing, and research
- Experience working with a school newspaper/journal or in an office setting preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Chicago style, and conducting internet research
- Strong attention to detail and personal initiative
- Ability to work under pressure, both independently and as a member of a team
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org