Funded by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office, the objective of the Energy Strand is to transform Mexico’s economy through energy-driven low-carbon growth, poverty reduction and generation of new market opportunities. The Strand aims to create this more sustainable and inclusive energy sector by creating a larger pipeline of skilled, internationally certified female and male workers, market-ready female and male-owned small and medium enterprises (SMEs), connected, robust local supply chains, and technically proficient female and male regulators who uphold international standards.
DAI has a four-year contract to deliver the Prosperity Fund Mexico Energy Strand Programme. Over the course of the next three years, DAI will develop 3 locally-run Enterprise Development Centres (EDCs) that will offer targeted workforce skills development, international certifications, apprenticeships, small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) accelerator programs, mentorship, capacity building for energy regulators through trainings, and government-to-government exchanges. The ultimate goal of these Centres is to leverage local content in the Mexican energy sector to create sustainable energy practices, foster cross-sectoral socio-economic development, and generate new market opportunities.
We are looking for one driven and highly organised Technical Analyst to support the team’s technical analyses related to the execution of the programme’s inception phase (first 8 months of the programme – focused on start-up, stakeholder engagement and data analytics) and design, strategy and operationalization related to the programme’s implementation phase (remaining 2.5 years of the programme – focused on operations, data analytics, thought leadership, stakeholder engagement, events, and course offerings). This position will be full time beginning in March 2020.
The Analyst will work closely with the Team Leader, and Product Development Lead providing first-class technical delivery and data analytics, project management support, and knowledge management/product development.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Technical Delivery and Data Analytics:
• Conduct quantitative and qualitative research on on existing Technical, Vocational, Education and Training (TVET) institutions and Universities working in the Mexican oil and gas and clean/renewable energy sector; identify potential partner institutions and cross-sector skills development opportunities; collaborate with the Programme Specialists to interview industry experts; supporting author of oil and gas and clean energy workforce gap assessment reports (with inputs and oversight from Product Development Specialist)
• Conduct quantitative and qualitative research on existing domestic supplier competitiveness and export opportunities across the Mexican oil and gas and clean and renewable energy supply chains
• Conduct market research
• Help design technical and soft skill course curricula related to oil and gas and clean/renewable energy
• Ad-hoc written and analytic support related to other technical activities such as market analyses or stakeholder engagement
• Draft, review, edit, and format reports, briefs and PPT decks for technical programme activities (ex: written brief documenting a stakeholder forum or a PPT deck with the outputs of an industrial baseline study)
• Synthesize data findings and reports into executive summaries and briefs
2. Project Management:
• Support the Team Leader and Programme Specialists with the coordination of implementation phase-related activities, and monitor programme progress and deliverables
• Support the Monitoring, Reporting, Evaluation and Learning Lead, monitor the effectiveness of the programme’s interventions, make recommendations for programme improvements and adaptations, and document and incorporate lessons learned
• Set up meetings with partners and external stakeholders, and provide logistical/operational support
• Attend and participate in meetings, take minutes, circulate meeting briefs and follow-up action points
• Comply with DAI ethics, safeguarding and security policies and procedures
• A minimum of three years’ work experience in a similar position in Mexico (energy sector, international development, consulting, start-ups, government, data analytics)
• Demonstrable passion for international development, social inclusion and energy topics.
• Clear understanding of SMEs environment is a plus
• Excellent organisational skills, proactivity, problem solver and the ability to work under pressure and comply with tight deadlines
• A team player with a positive “can do” attitude that reflects DAI’s core principals of integrity, responsibility, excellence and global citizenship
• Able to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment, whilst maintaining effectiveness
• Excellent communications and writing skills
• Fluency in English and Spanish (written and spoken)
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Political Science, Business Management, Economics, Engineering, International Relations, etc.); Master’s degree preferred
• Availability to take on this assignment in a short notice
• Knowledge of statistical management tools such as R or STATA are preferred
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org