The Tools and Reporting Lead works with data architects and analysts to develop and maintain IRC’s data architecture. They will work with the Director, Systems, Data & Architecture to set the strategy for standard visualizations and lead delivery for the team’s portfolio of reports and dashboards. They must collaborate closely with business leaders and analysts in each department to ensure assets are accurate, high quality, and responsive to evolving business needs. They will also support business users and coach analysts in IRC’s enterprise reporting and visualization tools including PowerBI.
They are responsible for the development and delivery of best in class analytics tools, dashboards and reports, and for financial and budgetary management and oversight to ensure best use of IRC resources.
They are a dynamic, self-motivated and hands-on leader who will inspire and challenge colleagues to drive necessary business change and deliver on the key strategic goal of Data Based Decision Making.
- Working with the Director, Data, Systems and Architecture, lead and support a best-in-class reporting function – empowering high-quality data-based decision making across the IRC.
- Develop a strategy for and manage a portfolio of enterprise standardized reports and visualizations, prioritizing and sequencing enhancements and additional report development to respond to evolving business needs.
- Partner with data architects to further develop IRC’s enterprise data architecture (data dictionary, data mart and databases etc.) to support increasingly sophisticated real time analytics incorporating additional data sources.
- Partner with managers across departments to establish and report on enterprise KPIs and benchmarks for a wide variety of indicators and data sets.
- Develop a strong understanding of IRC business processes related to marketing, supporter management, finance and HR and also of the complex data sets related to those functions.
- Establish and deliver impactful standardized dashboards and reports, focused on real-time performance monitoring and actionable insights.
- Establish a dynamic and innovative analytics approach, leveraging digital tools, market tracking, big data and micro data, and other key market trends and strategies.
- Work with enterprise data architecture staff and analysts across departments to foster a dynamic, data-driven and solutions-focused culture and approach to work.
- Supervise a Business Analyst and Manager , providing strong management and mentorship.
- Drive adoption of enterprise reporting tools such as PowerBI by providing training and resources to business teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years professional experience developing high quality and advanced reporting and analytics for a complex, large not-for-profit organization and/or equivalent analytics experience in private sector marketing and sales using PowerBI, Tableau or other data visualization and reporting tool
- 3+ years of PowerBI reporting and dashboard development experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Proven track record of working directly with business teams to gather and understand business requirements and deliver reports and dashboards providing them with meaningful insights
- Proven track record of working with data architects to define enterprise data architectures
- Proven track record of working with marketing, sales, supporter management, finance and/or HR business processes and complex data sets related to these organizational functions.
- Proven track record of developing an enterprise reporting strategy and managing a portfolio of enterprise standardized reports and visualizations, prioritizing and sequencing enhancements and additional report development to respond to evolving business needs.
- Proven track record in leveraging leading-edge digital tools, providing advanced analytical reports, and proactively working to drive strategic insights and decisions
- Non-profit and international humanitarian aid experience a plus
- Experience and knowledge of global markets a plus
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong understanding of cutting-edge CRM systems (preferably Salesforce) especially related to reporting capabilities
- Excellent technical skills, including strong experience with BI tools (Specifically PowerBI but also Tableau or other tools), data visualization, SQL, complex relational databases, and website analytics tools
- Strong understanding of marketing, sales, finance, HR, supporter management business processes & data sets
- Strong technical knowledge of database and data mart architectures
- Deep and wide-ranging knowledge of international non-profits, fundraising and digital marketing
- Ability to translate broad strategic vision into actionable short- and long-term objectives, including the ability to respond quickly to new opportunities and changes in priorities
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to devise creative solutions to complex problems and issues
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive, collaborative, productive relationships with diverse key stakeholders across the organization
- Strong and persuasive interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with senior non-expert colleagues on analysis and insights
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong management and mentoring experience
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently without much supervision
- Sound judgment in maintaining confidentiality of donor and key internal business information
- Passion for and commitment to the IRC’s mission
- Standard office work environment
- Ability to travel as required
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org