The consultant will be hire and supervise by FAO Sr. Liaison Officer, under a PSA.NAT contract.
Congressional Engagement and Partnership development.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks;
- Plan, organize, and assist in the implementation of the office’s outreach and advocacy strategy for Congress and the Administration (White House);
- Provide administrative support in the implementation of FAO collaborative programs and ensures periodic monitoring of their implementation, including the dissemination of relevant FAO-related news and knowledge, events and follow-up meetings and interactions;
- Monitor and report on key congressional activities and developments;
- Contribute and cultivate to the office’s ongoing efforts to promote and increase awareness of and support for FAO among key Members;
- Review and maintain a comprehensive set of advocacy materials for the office’s congressional outreach, including factsheets outlining the nature of FAO’s partnership with relevant agencies such as USAID, USDA, State Department and CDC among others;
- The consultant will also assist in preparing FAOLOW for meetings with congressional offices and Administration officials, as well as in undertaking all necessary follow-up actions subsequent to such meetings;
- Prepare detailed profiles for Members of Congress with key issues for their constituents, areas of interest, and relevant legislation of mutual concerns;
- Perform briefings, actions or activities with/to colleagues in order to consolidate concepts and awareness of the problematic issues;
- Ensure FAO’s policy procedures and sensibilities are championed on US Capitol Hill, as well as our stakeholders and partners; and
- Contribute to the conceptualization, organization and implementation of FAO events.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- National of the United States of America or resident with a regular work permit;
- Advanced university degree in a field related to political science, public administration and/or agriculture development;
- Five years of relevant and current experience in congressional affairs and/or US Govt;
- Level C of the official communication language used for FAO communication with the country (English).
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus;
- Building Effective Relationships;
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable;
- Demonstrate ability to establish good working relationships and team spirit both inside the Organization and with the external partners such as government officials, UN partners, donors and/or NGOs.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org