The Contracts Officer supports to the Director of Finance and provides in carrying out certain responsibilities of the Operations Department. This position is responsible for ensuring OGP’s compliance with all aspects of the procurement processes for awarded contracts and outgoing grants as well as for ensuring compliance with the financial terms and conditions of grants received by OGP. This position also assists department management with timely access to financial statements to perform analysis of actual vs budget variances and forecasting.
The Contracts Officer is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.?
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulate the contracting approach to be taken that will best satisfy the requirement (negotiated or formal RFPs) and if required, assist in determining the sources to be solicited.
- Provide guidance in the development of the statement of work and deliverable requirements to ensure measurability, reasonableness, and compliance with OGP policies and donor policies if grant funded.
- Determine the type of contract best suited for the requirement (fixed or cost reimbursement).
- Ensure final presentation of price justifications, quotes, and or solicitation process meets OGP requirements of fairness and transparency.
- Prepare documentation and legal draft of contracts/agreements (using pre-approved template) or ensure other contracts/agreement requirements are met using appropriate language for all contracts that bind the organization.
- Review requests for contracts and documentation for decisions including price justifications.
- Draft final contract including pricing, specifications, deliverables, timelines and all other special and standard clauses.
- Develop documentation of OGP procurement policies and procedures and conduct staff trainings.
- Develop and Maintain preferred vendors list.
- Other tasks as needed
- Monitor grants expenditures for compliance with donor restrictions or expectations, federal regulations and specific award terms
- Serve as internal resource for staff regarding expenditures allocated to grants.
- Maintain and updates projections of grant expenditures
- Generates all outgoing grant award agreements and amendments using Salesforce
- Coordinates grant payments with programmatic and finance staff
- Other tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 5-7 years’ experience in procurement and contracts. management in a non-profit or international development organization.
- Experience in managing procurements under various donors, including DFID, SIDA, USAID, EU and private foundations
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM databases is desired.
- Experience with Adaptive budgeting software is desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and methodologies of accounting including grant administration and budget policies and procedures
- Must be comfortable communicating instructions and process information to all levels within the organization, including executive leaders
- Knowledge of computer skills: spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation software as well as other standard office equipment.
- Ability to organize information, generate reports, and maintain data regarding contracts and contract process requests in a database.
- Detail-oriented and precise.
- Ability to thrive in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual international setting.
- Excellent communication skills in English language (written and oral).
- Ability to problem solve and think critically and work independently and manage projects.
- Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org