The IUCN Brussels team is looking for a highly motivated intern for a period of 6 months to provide support to one specific area of the office’s activities: upscaling the implementation of nature-based solutions.
Under the supervision of the IUCN EU Programme Manager Nature Based Solutions, the intern will support two major projects focused on implementing and upscaling nature-based solutions – GrowGreen, which focuses on demonstrating the value of nature for climate and water resilience in cities and NetworkNature, which is a European and global platform for strengthening the use of nature-based solutions. He/she will support communications, outreach and capacity building events, both online and (if circumstances allow) in person. The intern will also contribute to mapping potential partners for nature-based solutions at EU, national and regional level, will follow relevant EU policy developments and will maintain an overview of reports, documents and case studies of nature-based solutions.
This assignment will include the following responsibilities:
- Assist in developing the evidence-base for nature-based solutions via desk-based research, particularly to identify reports, documents, policy developments and analyses at EU and national level;
- Contribute to mapping potential partners for nature-based solutions at EU, national and regional level;
- Monitor news, developments and events on nature-based solutions, including maintaining an up- to-date list of events on nature-based solutions and on relevant sectoral issues;
- Produce communications materials such as newsletters, webstories, articles, brochures, factsheets etc.) related to nature-based solutions;
- Organise outreach and training events, both virtual and in-person (if circumstances allow), including speaker liaison, logistics, onsite support and reporting;
- Contribute to organisation of partner meetings, including logistics, minutes and document administration;
- Assist in preparing speeches and PowerPoint presentations on a variety of topics related to IUCN’s mission;
- Attend relevant webinars, meetings and conferences and reporting on the outcomes;
- Provide a range of administrative support functions on a day-to-day basis (e.g. processing of invoices, contracts and financial reports).
- Studying towards a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a focus on environmental science, natural resource management, sustainable urban development, or any other discipline that is relevant to nature conservation or sustainable development;
- Applicants must have student status and be enrolled at a university for the entire duration of the internship;
- Affinity with the vision and mission of IUCN and a strong interest in and understanding of European environmental policies and sustainable urban development;
- Excellent level of written and spoken English (native speaker or equivalent), other languages are an asset;
- Good organizational, administrative and reporting skills; strong writing skills; and IT literate in MS Office;
- Ability to work independently and on multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines without compromising the quality of outputs;
- Highly motivated to learn and develop new skills, keen to bring in own ideas;
- A team player with a strong interest to work in an international environment;
- EU national or holder of EU work permit.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org