The Democracy Initiative (DI), a coalition of 75 progressive organizations representing 45 million members from environmental, civil rights, and workers’ rights groups, seeks a highly energetic and creative Campaign Strategist to build campaign goals; strategies, tactics, and strategically align the engagement of coalition partners and community allies at the local and state level to mobilize around our Democracy 365 Platform – 21st-century voting rights, money in politics, and equal representation. Working at the DI offers a unique, exciting opportunity to be at the center of intersectional movement building in a fast-paced environment to shift political will by breaking structural obstacles to pass transformational social justice policy.
DI headquarters is in Washington, D.C., but this role could be done remotely and in either instance, will require future (post-pandemic) travel. The individual will play a key role in supporting and developing a ladder of engagement and grassroots leaders in key states and localities.
The Campaign Strategist must have 8-10 years of experience that includes running large scale field campaigns, organizing for power, and mass mobilization efforts. The individual’s leadership style must be collaborative in nature, reflect the values of social change, committed to race & class equity, including working with progressive organizations and labor unions. The candidate should be creative, a problem-solver, have political savvy, and discuss their participation in programs that demonstrate principles of solidarity, one-on-one organizing, coalition building, strategic planning, capacity building messaging, and public speaking. The right candidate will also have the ability to develop a strategic plan, including timelines, research, benchmarks, escalation of tactics, record-keeping, and effective communications is essential. The candidate must be able to work with diverse coalition partners and public officials. Excellent organizational and communication skills are required.
· 6- 8 years of grassroots strategic campaign, coalition, or electoral campaign experience at the local, state, and/or national level.
· Strong knowledge of and relationships within the democracy reform, social justice or labor community.
· Able to demonstrate experience with campaign design, strategy and executing campaign plans.
· Comfortable with ambiguity is analytical, a multi-tasker, able to work independently and in a team.
· Familiar with movement and coalition building with an openness to Popular Education.
· Creative, flexible, and proactive problem solver.
· Independent focused and self-motivated with the willingness to work long hours, including nights and weekends.
· Experience working and coordinating with digital and social media strategies. Strong computer and technical knowledge.
· Experience supervising organizers and holding them accountable to metrics.
· Strong inspiring communication, facilitation skills.
· Administrative skills and the ability to create and manage a budget.
· Reflect the values of progressive social change principles.
· Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
· Fundraising experience is a plus.
Commensurate to experience. Please provide your salary range. The DI is located in the Washington DC, we are open to a remote work location.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org