AFEP is looking for a policy advisor to support its Brussels team. She/he will be employed for one year on a full-time basis. She/he will report to the Head of our Brussels office and work in close coordination with the Brussels team and policy experts based in Paris.
- Monitor and analyse EU policy;
- Draft briefing papers on specific topics;
- In collaboration with colleagues, prepare and attend internal working groups with members to set up the positions of the Association;
- In collaboration with colleagues, prepare meetings with EU policy-makers.
- Postgraduate degree in EU affairs, political science or law;
- First experience in European affairs preferably in an EU institution, a large company, a consultancy or a business association;
- Desirable: prior experience in working on one or several of the subjects referred to in the “ABOUT AFEP” section.
SKILLS & COMPETENCES:
- A good understanding of EU policy-making;
- A real interest in lobbying and an ability to execute lobbying strategies;
- Fluent in French and English;
- Reliable, well-organised, proactive, transparent, team player with a positive can-do attitude;
- Self-starter and result-oriented;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Research skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org