Hanover is looking for an experienced public affairs professional to join the Digital Policy team in Brussels as Head of practice.
This important role reports directly to the Head of Office of Hanover Brussels and offers the opportunity to develop new business and marketing activity, as well as to manage junior team members, client accounts and budgets – and support our client work across a wide range of Digital policy issues.
The successful candidate must have an expert background in the Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) sector and proven track record of public affairs experience, ideally gained within a consultancy or in-house team. They will be a keen networker with a passion for public affairs and a nuanced understanding of the relationship between business and politics.
- Develop close client relationships, lead external client meetings and be the first point of contact across client accounts
- Provide first-hand intelligence and strategic advice to clients and write bespoke policy submissions and briefings
- Supervise the delivery of client work on multiple accounts – by running internal account management meetings and supporting your project managers in reviewing progress, monitoring capacity and allocating tasks
- Project manage activities focused on new business development, including marketing and managing new business generation pipelines
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell services between Hanover teams and offices
- Expand your personal network through event attendance and relationship building
- Very strong team-working, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Prior public affairs experience within a consultancy or in-house team is desirable;
- An expert background in the TMT sector is a must, knowledge and expertise in areas such as competition, taxation and/or fintech is an asset.
- Understanding and experience of budgeting, managing pipelines and developing new business
- Excellent knowledge of EU policy and decision-making process and a passion for politics and current affairs – with a demonstrable understanding of their impact on business objectives
- An existing network of either/or business, policy or political contacts
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org