Bellona Europa is looking to recruit a Policy Assistant to support our EU policy work on the decarbonisation of transport and heavy industry.
- Monitor relevant legislative and political developments in the EU, UK and Norway;
- Support the team's communications and engagement activities in Brussels and abroad;
- Draft articles and contribute to publications;
- Represent Bellona in meetings, conferences and events, preparing meeting notes;
- Providing practical and substantive support to the organisation of conferences and events.
Expected skills and requirements:
- A relevant undergraduate degree (i.e. in European Studies, Environmental Science, Sustainable Development or similar; Scientific background can be a plus);
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Awareness and understanding of various technologies and processes relating to industrial and transport decarbonisation;
- Demonstrable commitment to the values and organisational goals of Bellona and the wider environmental movement;
- Ability to and willingness to travel internationally, as required (COVID permitting);
- Eligible to work in Belgium.
- Fluency in other EU languages;
- Demonstrable ability to engage with stakeholders and institutions of the EU;
- Good knowledge of policy and regulatory frameworks in the relevant countries relating to climate change, industry and energy.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org