We are currently seeking candidates for teaching undergraduate history and political sciences courses both on-campus in Williamsburg, KY and online. Under the direction of the Chair of the History and Political Science department and the Director of UC Online, this position is responsible for teaching undergraduate political science courses.
- Responsible for teaching introductory and advanced level Political Science courses which could include but is not limited to:
- POLS 233 American National Gov
- Collaborate with colleagues in the History/Political Science department and throughout the university.
- Adapt and align course materials using departmental syllabus templates, required text(s), and other resources.
- Provide regular and timely feedback on student work.
- Maintain regular communication with students through virtual office hours and e-mail.
- Maintain clear, consistent records in iLearn (Blackboard) and UC One (Banner).
- Participate in department-wide assessments.
- Respond to student evaluations.
- Follow university policies and procedures.
- Masters in Political Science
- Student-focused teaching that addresses the needs of all learners, both traditional and nontraditional.
- Ongoing professional development.
- Strong interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
- If applying to teach online: Experience teaching Political Science courses online.
- PhD in Political Science or closely related field.
- If applying to teach online: Experience in developing online courses in Political Science.
- Experience with a variety of pedagogical and technological educational delivery methods.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org