We are looking for a Dutch speaking Executive to join our Brussels team. Our work is fast-paced, European and global in scope. We seek a highly-motivated individual at the start of their career who brings a real passion for EU affairs, with a very good understanding of EU politics and process.
You should be a strong analytical thinker and able to work both independently and as part of a team to implement Public Affairs strategies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting with the development of concepts and political campaigns for clients;
- Monitoring issues in national and international media, social media and analysing key trends;
- Preparing research and briefing notes on national and international issues and developments;
- Supporting with drafting materials including opinion articles, statements, and press releases;
- Developing stakeholder analyses;
- Developing and maintaining media and stakeholder databases;
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with socio-political stakeholders and journalists;
- Supporting with the organisation of events;
- Attending, virtually or in-person events, and reporting on events relevant to client interests;
- Supporting with administrative and day-to-day management of client accounts, including activity reporting;
- Undertaking ad-hoc research to support new business proposals and pitches.
Below are a list of basic conditions we would ideally love our next colleague to meet. But most of all we are interested in meeting interesting people, people who question why decisions are made, people who are intellectually curious about the world around them, people who are able to come up with creative solutions.
- 1-2 years of experience in in European public affairs, political communications or policy development, inside or around the EU institutions. European Parliament, European Commission, consulting and/or industry association;
- A high level of interest in political issues and the ability to analyse and translate them into campaigns and strategies;
- The ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines while ensuring accuracy and relevance;
- An exceptional attention to detail, even in an often high-pressure environment;
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) in English and Dutch;
- A high degree of personal responsibility and the ambition to always deliver the best results;
- The ability to build personal networks;
- Good knowledge of digital communication;
- A logical, creative and flexible approach to solve problems, with an enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org