Ground Truth Solutions is looking for a French-speaking Analyst to work as an integral member of the core team. This position holds responsibility for assisting in the design, implementation, improvement and coordination of our projects by providing thoughtful, well-researched analysis.
Location: Ground Truth Solutions office in Vienna, Austria Hours: Full time – 40 hours a week
Reports to: Programme Manager
About Ground Truth Solutions
Our mission is to ensure that people affected by crises have a say in humanitarian action, from individual aid projects to global humanitarian reform. To achieve this, we collect feedback from people at the receiving end of aid. We challenge and encourage aid agencies to use this feedback to optimise their work. We influence policymakers, governments, and aid agencies to bring change to the humanitarian, health and environmental sectors.
About our work culture
We are a committed team of people who take the responsibility of receiving funds to work toward aid reform seriously. We strive for excellence, constantly challenging the status quo (internally and externally), and conducting ourselves with discipline, creativity, curiosity, boldness and candour. We seek diverse viewpoints. We work hard, we communicate directly and along the way, we have fun.
We are a small, agile organisation trying to change the humanitarian system; not a bureaucracy. This has pros and cons. If you prefer being told what to do, working in a silo or following a manual, we may not be the organisation for you. Our culture best suits those who like being part of the solution, believing things can change and working creatively and collaboratively. If that sounds like an environment you would grow and thrive in, keep reading.
- Conduct background research and synthesise relevant findings on humanitarian projects and contexts
- Contribute to the design and constant improvement of survey instruments and methodology
- Contribute to sampling and data collection methods in demanding humanitarian environments
- Help manage data collection both remotely and on the ground
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Support on report production, including analysis and formulating recommendations to humanitarian implementers
- Contribute ideas about Ground Truth Solutions’ strategy, methodology and innovation
- Contribute to internal learning by preparing case studies, briefs and presentations
- Support our communications by doing research, preparing project descriptions, summaries, case studies and blogs, and dissemination of our work and ideas via social media platforms
- Provide support to onboarding new staff in briefing, assisting and on-the-job training
- Note that role will be bilingual, requiring written communication and verbal coordination to be conducted in both French and English
- A curious mind, energetic spirit and a keen interest in the work we do
- A Master’s (preferred) or bachelor’s (minimum) degree with equivalent experience in the humanitarian space (e.g. development studies, international relations and humanities, sociology, statistics or research methods)
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the humanitarian, health or climate/environment sector is viewed favourably, preferably in the field(s) of data analysis or monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in sociology, market research, psychometrics or polling would be beneficial
- High level of familiarity in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Ability to work autonomously and efficiently under pressure, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail and working effectively in a team
- Strong initiative, managing own use of time and self-motivated
- Excellent bilingual written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to represent GTS professionally in external relations; ability to explain complex matters in simple terms.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite essential, knowledge of Python, InDesign an asset
- Willingness to travel for work to crisis affected countries, including conflict settings
- Working proficiency in both French and English (including producing high-quality and nuanced reports, engaging with humanitarian actors and giving presentations)
- What else have you got? Maybe you have diverse skills or experiences we didn’t know we needed? Let us know in your application
What we offer
A contract (full time) with a competitive package under Austrian law with the possibility of extension. The position will ideally be based at our HQ in Vienna. GTS offers a flexible work model.
Tell us who you are, why you care about our work and what you can do to help us achieve our vision. Submit an application (CV and short cover letter) to Meg and Sigrid, [email protected] with the subject “Analyst application - Francophone” by 12 August 2022. Only PDFs will be opened, to protect us from malware. GTS receives a high volume of applications. Any submissions without a cover letter, or which do not clearly explain your specific motivation for this role, will not be considered. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org