ATSI support services are growing. We are seeking a dedicated professional with a proven track record of success to join our team. The Plans & Policy Consultant will be responsible for providing program support to the Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Operations, Plans, and Strategy (OPNAV N3N5). OPNAV N3N5 serves as the principal advisor to the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) on joint operations and the development of naval and joint plans, programs, and policies and requires innovative consulting and analytical support to facilitate strategic decision and policy making and perform multidisciplinary forms of plans and policy analysis. This role will support the development and advancement of Navy initiatives and policies promoting integration and effective operations with other Services using multidisciplinary analysis. Activities include research, developing information papers and briefings, coordination of off-site activities, facilitation of planning conferences, coordinating policy positions across Navy stakeholders, advocacy support for the development and coordination of N5 topics and related issues across DoD and DON. Additional activities include preparing presentations for senior leaders.
- An Active Secret level security clearance and the ability to maintain a clearance at this level.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited university in the field of military science, operations research, maritime policy, international relations, national security affairs, strategic studies of Government, or related fields.
- Shall possess four (4) or more years of experience in government or military planning; familiarity with current Service, Joint, DoD capstone strategy and policy documents; experience operating across Echelon 3 or higher staff levels.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Advanced writing and editing skills.
- Ability to track and follow through on projects to completion.
- Superior organization and interpersonal skills.
- Prior OPNAV and/or SECNAV experience desired.
Washington DC, Monday - Friday (40 hours/week regularly)
*** Partial Telework Available ***
The ATSI benefits package includes:
- Direct Deposits & Allotments
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Vacation & Sick leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Insurance
- Virtual Doctor Visit Program for Employees & Dependents - unlimited number of visits at no cost
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance Program
- Flexible Spending Plans for healthcare, dependent care, & transportation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Travel Assistance Program
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Pet Insurance
- Grocery Delivery Service Fee Reimbursement
- 401(k) plan with company match and profit share options
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org