DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 38 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Monitoring Evaluation, Research and Learning; Data Solutions; Public Financial Management and Fiscal Sustainability; and Education, Gender, and Youth.
DevTech Systems Inc. seeks a dynamic and inspired team player for the position of Senior Program Manager to support PFM and EGY practices portfolios in Latin America, Africa, and Asia. The Senior Project Manager will provide project management, administration, and coordination support to ongoing operations ensuring DevTech’s standards of excellence for contract performance and client satisfaction. The successful candidate will also support new project proposals contributing to corporate growth and business development. The Senior Program Manager reports to the Director of the EGY practice and works directly with the PFM Associate Director and the EGY Sr. Project Manager/Education Specialist, and closely with DevTech’s other teams including Finance, Human Resource, and Contracts. This position may supervise a junior associate level position. The Sr. PM travels internationally occasionally to perform many of the responsibilities of the role.
Project Management (75 – 80 percent)
- Backstop multiple USAID and other USG funded projects including projects in the field.
- Lead project implementation in compliance with USAID (and other USG agencies) rules and regulations, and DevTech’s corporate policies, while collaborating closely with field teams and home office project director.
- Monitor day-to-day project activities including operational activities, such as mobilization and demobilization of staff, home office-based and field
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve implementation bottlenecks in line with USAID and other USG rules and regulations as well as DevTech’s Administrative Policy.
- Develop work plans and track technical activities including providing inputs to activity completion reports and uploading them on USAID DEC.
- Work with home office and field teams and ensure that contractual deliverables are tracked and achieved in a timely manner.
- Provide inputs and coordinate the development of technical progress reports.
- Lead regular weekly/bi-weekly/quarterly projects’ meetings with various teams including counterpart governments, clients, donors and other and ensure effective implementation.
- Develop and implement Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plans (AMELP) including monitoring performance indicators and results, and other similar technical reports required by USAID and clients to ensure the projects achieve the intended results while troubleshooting operational bottlenecks.
- Develop and monitor budgets including producing analysis and projections of the approved budget, accruals and other topics related financial management and administration of projects.
- Lead and coordinate quarterly financial reviews including making timely decisions on projects’ budgets and expenditures while ensuring monthly burn rate targets are achieved.
- Work closely with field finance and administration staff as well as DevTech’s home office Controller and develop monthly project expense reports.
- Review and approve consultants and vendors invoices for correctness and verify that deliverables are achieved as per the purchase orders and/or independent consulting agreements (ICAs)
- Develop RFI/RFQs for subcontractors and coordinate closely with DevTech’s Contracts department on conducting projects’ related procurements.
- Manage subcontracts including ensuring contractual compliance.
- Provide draft approval memos and facilitate approvals for consultants and staff, project procurements, cash advances, and other requests.
- Develop job descriptions for consultants and firms in coordination with PFM and EGY teams
- Facilitate and lead projects’ recruitment efforts for expatriate and local staff/consultants under supervision of the Chief of Party/Project Director including sourcing, arranging, and conducting interviews, completing reference checks, verifying past employment records and documentation, and drafting onboarding documents in close coordination with human resource and contract offices.
Business Development (20-25 percent)
- Provide strategic insight for the design of project proposal with DevTech’s competitive advantages
- Provide research and pre- positioning support to new business opportunities including background research, teaming discussions and agreements, recruitment efforts, and drafting proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public financial management, accounting, or another related field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience including at least 4 years in project management, procurement operations, and administrative support to projects’ implementation.
- Experience proving management support to complex international development
- Knowledge of U.S Government regulations, policies and procedures including ADS and AIDAR.
- Excellent quantitative skills including proven intermediate to advance use of Excel to prepare project financial reports, accruals, projections, and task and deliverables trackers.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written in English- proven experience writing proposals, progress reports, annual reports, assessments and or evaluations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Master’s degree in economics, public financial management, accounting, or another related field.
- Fluent Spanish or French spoken and written
- Experience working with USAID
- Experience in the field of education, gender, and/or youth
- Knowledge of/or networks in education, including early grade literacy, education in high violence contexts, youth workforce development, inclusive education, or gender.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org