The Deputy Regional Director post is located in the UNFPA Latin America and the Caribbean Regional Office and reports directly to the Regional Director. The post supports the Director in terms of the day-to-day leadership, programming and representation of the Office. The Region includes Regional, Sub-Regional Support, Area and Country Office structures. The Deputy provides leadership and guidance to the regional team of technical and programme staff and provides leadership to the RO in the absence of the Regional Director.
The Deputy Regional Director has primary responsibility for the following key objectives, which impact on all technical and programme operations across the Region of assignment:
- Advisory and strategic support to the Regional Director and Regional office;
- Leadership of and guidance to the technical and programme team;
- Oversight of the management of the regional programme;
- Representation and Liaison.
The Deputy Regional Director is a member of the Regional Director and Deputy Directors Team as well as of the Regional Management Team. S/He leads the regional office in the absence of the Regional Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, including Public Health, Sociology, Demography, Gender, International Relations, Economics, International Development, Public Policy, Public Administration, Management or related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 15 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in public administration and international development of which 10 years in the field of population and development at the international level;
- Strong track record of leadership in development programmes;
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a diverse team of technical and programme specialists to achieve demonstrable results;
- Extensive network within the development community;
- Field experience is essential.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required. Knowledge of Portuguese, French and/or Dutch would be considered an advantage.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org