Under the direct supervision of the Stakeholder Engagement Specialist and the overall guidance the Director of the Coordination Hub, the Coordination Specialist, Generation Equality Coordination Hub will support the development, implementation and monitoring of internal and external coordination and stakeholder engagement strategies to drive and inform the active participation in and commitment to Generation Equality across a broad range of constituencies, including Member States, civil society, youth and adolescent groups, philanthropy, the private sector, and the UN System.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development, implementation and monitoring of internal and external coordination and stakeholder engagement strategies in line with the Generation Equality Phase II Project Document and in compliance with UN Women policies and procedures;
- Identify, plan and support the delivery of forward-looking, co-created stakeholder engagement opportunities across Generation Equality. Lead the planning, coordination, co-creation, delivery and assessment of ongoing series of stakeholder dialogues and exchanges on key issues which produce concrete and actionable recommendations for strengthening the different streams of Generation Equality;
- Identify and support the planning of opportunities to feature Generation Equality in global policy-making processes and events;
- Support the planning of the work of the Multi-Stakeholder Leadership Group and the effective preparation and engagement of the Group’s members in their advisory role to UN Women;
- In coordination with relevant teams/units across UN Women, support the planning and implementation of priority engagement and advocacy opportunities for other key stakeholders of Generation Equality;
- Support Regional and Country Offices with their stakeholder engagement efforts as part of the localization of Generation Equality;
- Ensure effective information flow, communication and coordination between the Coordination Hub and other units/teams across the organization with responsibility for delivering stakeholder engagement;
- Lead the drafting of relevant briefing notes, updates, presentations, etc., for UN Women’s leadership to proactively engage with stakeholders on Generation Equality.
- Contribute to timely and quality reporting, including donor reporting;
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of corporate Generation Equality events and milestones in line with the Project Document.
UN System engagement:
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of a UN System engagement strategy for Generation Equality;
- Identify and support strategic opportunities to leverage UN Women’s coordination mandate and global and local levels to promote UN collective leadership and action for Generation Equality;
- Identify and support strategic coordination opportunities, including in partnership with the UN Development Cooperation Office (DCO), to include Generation Equality in UN regional and country planning frameworks, including in the Pathfinder Countries;
- Support the promotion and up-take of Generation Equality principles across UN-led multi-stakeholder platforms.
Collaboration across the Action Coalitions and with the Compact WPS-HA:
- Identify opportunities for strengthened and systematic collaboration across the thematic Action Coalitions and with the Compact for WPS-HA to break up siloes, advance thematic synergies and foster collective action;
- In close coordination with the Action Coalitions and the Compact teams, and in partnership with Regional and Country Offices, support the planning, implementation and assessment of these opportunities to strengthen existing partnerships, foster new ones, and to deliver on collective commitments;
- Working closely with communications and knowledge management colleagues, identify and support opportunities to share and promote intersectional and collaborative ways of working.
Internal coherence and coordination:
- Foster coordination among different parts of UN Women to promote coherence in the implementation of Generation Equality Phase II Project Document;
- Develop strong working relationships with UN Women HQ, Regional and Country Offices, support regular and effective information exchange between these units/offices;
- Support localization of the Project Document and its implementation across UN Women Regional and Country Offices;
- Advise on internal coordination mechanisms and processes to support effective information flows and timely decision-making;
- In coordination with relevant units, support efforts to communicate proactively and regularly to all relevant stakeholders.
Facilitate knowledge building and sharing:
- Support the development and dissemination of good practices and lessons learnt and ensure their incorporation in the areas of work and responsibility of the Coordination Specialist;
- Support the development and delivery of capacity development exercises in relation to the areas of work and responsibility of the Coordination Specialist.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong planning, goal-setting, prioritization and organizational skills;
- Ability to lead formulation of strategies and their implementation;
- Ability to contribute to detailed operational plans, budgets, and to monitor these;
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender equality and women's empowerment;
- Good knowledge of UN system and understanding of inter-agency coordination processes;
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of humor and collegiality with solid interpersonal skills;
- Defined sense of responsibility, confidentiality and accountability;
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports to inform management and strategic decision-making;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of UN programme management systems and Results-Based Management;
- Strong networking skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in social sciences, political science, international relations, business administration or management, public administration, or related field is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in coordination and stakeholder engagement is required;
- Experience working on gender equality and women’s empowerment is required;
- Experience working with and building partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders internationally, including governments, donors and civil society organizations is required;
- Experience with UN System coordination is required;
- Experience of working in the United Nations system is desirable;
- Experience of working in the field is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable (French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org