As the Deputy Regional Director, you will provide strategic leadership in the development, management and delivery of high impact research across the South Asia region whilst leading strategic planning and implementation of the regional office projects to demonstrate the impact of human rights work.
You will have extensive experience of leading research projects at a national and regional levels. You will also have the ability to establish and maintain relationships with a broad range of people across the movement whilst being fluent in written and verbal English.
- Recruit and manage regional office research and advocacy staff, including those working remotely, and ensure performance is managed and talent is nurtured;
- Manage risk assessments and oversees the implementation of security procedures for regional office staff;
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with Amnesty International's entities in order to identify and exploit (research) opportunities for co-operation, information-sharing and problem solving;
- Ensure integration of research and action in order to provide an effective, coherent programme of work which delivers tangible outcomes for human rights in conformity with Amnesty International's mission and consistent with its priorities, strategies and standards;
- With support from the Finance and Office Manager, ensure the Regional Office's compliance with relevant laws, policies and practices and ensure best practice, including good financial management and regular financial audits as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated knowledge and direct experience of the human rights and political context in South Asia and a strong understanding of the international human rights legal framework as well as relevant regional and national legal frameworks;
- Substantial experience of working in and on the countries covered by the South Asia Regional Office;
- Awareness of issues of social justice, equality and fairness and an understanding of equal opportunities issues and willingness to apply these principle;
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org