At Making Cents, we believe that given the opportunity, everyone has the potential to achieve extraordinary things. Fostering this potential and promoting opportunities for people around the world is what motivates us and our work. True to our founding as a social enterprise, we use evidence-based, market-driven approaches to support those most in need and partner with local organizations to create inclusive and supportive social and economic ecosystems where all individuals and groups can thrive and live fulfilling lives.
As a Sr. Specialist, Economic Opportunities you will work to advance the social and economic well-being of youth and adults around the world. Success in this role requires a passion for advancing inclusive growth and economic opportunities for individuals and communities, expertise in working directly with clients to develop appropriate solutions, a focus on quality, dedication to teamwork and peer-to-peer learning, and a knack for developing innovative solutions through hands-on application.
A successful candidate will be expected to:
- Conduct field assessments on the opportunities and constraints for target populations engaged in entrepreneurship, enterprise growth, or employment;
- Co-design market-oriented programs and/or implement tools and approaches that support target populations in the areas of access to finance, workforce development, MSME growth, entrepreneurship, and livelihoods development;
- Apply inclusive market systems development tools and private sector engagement approaches;
- Build the capacity of local institutions and target populations using an applied learning methodology;
- Contribute to the development of processes, systems, approaches, and tools to capture and effectively communicate lessons learned and best practices from project and company activities;
- Mentor staff and support internal capacity development efforts on economic opportunities issues.
- Create and maintain partnerships with clients, implementing organizations and project staff;
- Support project management functions by designing/managing budgets, workplans, and scopes of work for technical assistance;
- Contribute to new business development efforts;
- Contribute to economic opportunities research and thought pieces.
- Represent Making Cents to clients through presentations, speaking engagements, networking and client relationship development opportunities, as they arise.
- Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of eight years’ relevant experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with ten years’ relevant experience
- At least five years of experience designing and delivering economic opportunities programs that include developing market linkages, private sector engagement, inclusive finance, curricula development and training, and other activities that enhance entrepreneurship, enterprise growth, and employability for vulnerable populations.
- Strong teamwork, problem-solving, communication, and multi-task management skills.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, takes initiative, creative, and able to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Travel up to 30% may be required (post-COVID).
Our ideal candidates are also:
- Graduates of an advanced degree program in social sciences, economics, or international relations/development.
- Have experience working with USAID funding.
- Highly adaptive to dynamic environments and cross-cultural teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proficient in one or more foreign languages in addition to English, with a preference for French.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org