ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organisation co-founded by Bono and backed by more than eight million people from around the world and every walk of life that are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and more effective aid. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency so these resources can be effectively deployed. ONE has offices in Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, New York City, Paris and Washington DC.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Policy and Advocacy Intern will work with our Brussels team to support our policy-related activities. The internship will be for six months in duration, beginning in January 2018. The intern will work from our office in Brussels and will report to the Policy and Advocacy Manager.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Collect, analyse, and edit reports on important policy and advocacy issues and related topics;
- Prepare and attend internal and external briefings and meetings, taking thorough notes and reporting back to the Policy & Advocacy Manager;
- Update policy and advocacy materials and monitor parliamentary processes and stakeholders;
- Provide research on policy and advocacy issues as required;
- Monitor EU current affairs to keep the Brussels team informed;
- Respond to public email enquiries;
- Provide general administrative support as required;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor or designee.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Student or recent graduate in International Development, Economics, Politics, Social Science, or the equivalent;
- Excellent experience of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Demonstrable interest in campaigning, development issues, and Africa;
- Excellent analytical and organizational capacities;
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; French is desirable;
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration;
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
IN RETURN, WE OFFER:
- A fantastic opportunity to make a huge impact in the world working with a highly-visible, mission-driven organisation in an incredible, supportive work environment;
- And much more!!!
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*