The Celestar Corporation is looking to identify a Senior Strategic Communications Planner. Please review the position description below. If interested and qualified, we welcome you to apply for this challenging opportunity.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Active Final Secret Clearance; Clearance and Investigation must appear in JPAS and be within scope (10 – Years)
This position has been filled. However, if you’re interested in being placed on a Hot Fill-Standby to Hire List, we encourage you to apply. Once an opening is determined, we will visit our candidate list and call qualified candidates in order of application date. If you’re available when the vacancy surfaces…this could prove to be a Win-Win, if not….you may be available during the next call.
NOTE: It can be expected that a Hot Fill would require the select candidate to start in 2 to 4 Weeks once accepted and approved via the interview process.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Seoul, South Korea
Provide services to program supporting U.S. Forces-Korea in South Korea. Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Analyze, recommend, maintain, and update the CS portion of Command plans, to include but not limited to CS annexes to operations plans (OPLANs) that include overall CS goals, objectives, strategies, themes, messages, and assessment methodologies in coordination with information domain contributors (such as public affairs, information operations, and military information support operations) to support the command’s objectives and end-states.
- Deliverables for this task must be operationally relevant, effective, executable, technically sound with justifiable conclusions, mitigate risk, credible, and clearly and accurately assesses the importance of identified resources.
- Provide issue-specific CS plans that include CS goals, objectives, strategies, themes, messages, and assessment methodologies that support the command’s objectives and end-states.
- “Issue-specific” events may be spontaneous and include proactive or reactive measures for accidents, border incidents, community activities and other incidents as they unfold.
- DoD Secret Clearance Required
- Master’s Degree in one of the following disciplines: International Relations, Strategic Communication, International Policy, International Affairs, Conflict Resolution, International Law, Political Science, Economics, History, Sociology, Geography, Social or Cultural Anthropology, Security Studies, Statistics or Humanities
- At least Four (4) Years of appropriate experience in one or more of the fields listed above in work associated with international organizations, problems, or other aspects of foreign affairs
- One (1) or more years of experience working in Korea
- Basic understanding of Communications Strategy, International Relations and the Northeast Asia region
- Basic Korean Language Proficiency with Political-Military Expertise
- Mastery knowledge of concepts, principles, practices, laws, and regulations of international relations and communications specialties
- Comprehensive knowledge of international relations concepts policy and plans addressing communication methods, strategy and policy
- Wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods experience sufficient to assist the Behavioral Scientist in design and conduct of comprehensive international relations studies, identify and propose solutions to international relations problems and issues that are characterized by their breadth, importance, and severity and for which previous studies and established techniques are frequently inadequate
- Knowledge and skill to collaborate with management in employing change process concepts and techniques to assess organizational readiness for change, marketing organizational awareness, and leading change initiatives
- Ability to plan, organize, and/or direct team efforts to present CS ideas/concepts/plans to senior leaders
- Understanding of the relationship between multiple levels of international relations organizations
- Ability to conduct data collection, monitoring, and management as well as coding, storing, and segmentation of information tailored to specific Command needs
- Knowledge of collection and research of CS relevant information on all domains, analysis of the real world political-military considerations and policy decisions, and providing recommendations toward the formulation and execution of issue-specific CS plans and products
- Ability to monitor a variety of sources both classified and open source, and maintain situational awareness of regionally prominent think tanks and their published literature, and prepare analysis of how this information affects the CS environment
- Knowledge of office automation software programs
- Ability to provide administrative support to technical and management level personnel, general office administration, event planning, and creating/customizing off-the-shelf graphics
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to form narratives, themes, messages, and point-papers resulting from analysis
- Skilled in organizing and delivering briefings
- High degree of expertise with Microsoft Office suite of programs
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a Best Athlete Selection Process! Please ensure that the required and/or desired experience is reflected on your resume to receive fair and competitive consideration.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org