Tetra Tech ARD is accepting applications for a well-qualified Communications Intern for our International Development Services (IDS) Communications team, based in our Arlington, Virginia office. The Intern will learn more about communications and public relations, marketing, and, positioning and branding the IDS group’s subsidiary companies within the development industry. This internship can help start a successful career in development, building skillsets, expanding networks, and providing real-world experience in this challenging but rewarding work.
This position will be based in Tetra Tech ARD's satellite office in Arlington, Virginia.
This internship is paid and hours are flexible, between 24-40 per week: duration is at least three months. Application deadline is April 6, 2017, and the Internship will start Monday, June 5, or Monday, June 12, 2017.
* Assist the Outreach and Communications Specialist with coordinating logistics for DC-based events and conferences;
* Collaborate on the creation of graphics, artwork and marketing materials as directed;
* Order and organize inventory of marketing materials and Tt-branded giveaways for the Arlington office;
* Support the Outreach and Communications Specialist with generation of social media content from the field which may include developing and publishing creative content for our social media accounts, tracking analytics using KPIs and other measurable digital tools;
* Contribute to the development of new website content and refresh existing content on tetratech.com/intdev;
* Provide communications assistance to USAID-funded project implementation teams in coordination with other Tetra Tech units as needed; and
* Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, helping coordinate materials for external and internal events, career fairs; attending meetings and webinars, sharing results; and providing general project support as needed.
* Recently completed or in-progress Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, international relations, public relations, communications, or a related field required;
* Demonstrated understanding of, academic excellence in, and desire to pursue a career international development, public relations, communications, or a related field strongly preferred;
* Strong experience in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and/or video software;
* Practical experience using social media and social media analytics tools in a professional environment preferred;
* Clear and effective communications and synthesis skills, especially across technologies, cultures, and hierarchies;
* Consistently strong organizational skills, follow through, and attention to detail required;
* Strong interpersonal skills, energy, and an enthusiastic collaborator; and
* Ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced environment.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*