As an Intelligence Analyst, you will be a part of an intelligence program for a Fortune 500 company which is expanding rapidly in the international marketplace and currently manages over $600 Billion dollars in assets.
Along with another Intelligence Analyst, you will be responsible for Global Security's Intelligence Program administration, execution, and documentation with focus on the collection, analysis, and dissemination of tactical and strategic intelligence information to mitigate risks against company assets and personnel. You will provide rapid assessment of potentially imminent security situations, sensitive developments, and complex threat issues, often dealing with stressful or divisive subject matter such as terrorism, crime, and disasters.
You will assist in the management of the Travel Security Program and provide intelligence support to Incident Management, Executive Protection, Investigations, and other security functions. You will keep abreast of intelligence sources and best practices, reviewing and recommending source data and program refinements to keep the Intelligence Program relevant. You may provide professional guidance to more junior Intelligence Analysts. The Intelligence Analyst supports the Assistant Director – Personnel Security in related matters as needed and works under consultative direction toward predetermined goals and objectives.
Successful candidates will also have these skills:
- A broad understanding of global geopolitics and be able to interact professionally with personnel from other world regions and cultures
- A robust familiarity of open source intelligence (OSINT) collection and online research techniques, as well as solid acumen with social media platforms.
- Enjoy collecting and reviewing information from numerous written, verbal, and electronic sources, and must understand how the collection of intelligence affects the department's ability to be proactive in the protection of company personnel and assets.
- Lead group presentations and present concepts and ideas in a reasonable and logical manner.
- Understand the sensitivities associated with collecting this data and the importance of confidentiality.
- A bachelor's degree in Security Studies, International Affairs, or Political Science (or similar).
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Must be able to read voluminous amounts of information, analyze the data, succinctly convert it to easily understood reports, and present the information in written form as well as verbally to management and executive personnel.
- Strong critical thinking skills to conduct research, analysis, and evaluation of source information are imperative, as well as a high degree of accuracy with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, analytical, time management, team building, and problem-solving skills are also required.
- Requires the delivery of prompt, courteous and excellent service under the pressure of tight timelines.
- A successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to work without supervision.
- Operate in an ethical manner in accordance with state and federal law, the company's Corporate Code of Ethics, Affirmative Action, Diversity, Employee Handbook, applicable compliance and operations policies and procedures and other policies of the company.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and actively cooperate and interact with all entities of the Principal Financial Group. Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
- The Intelligence Analyst must be available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Some travel may be required.
- The candidate must be an excellent communicator in the English language; foreign language skills, particularly a working knowledge in Spanish, Hindi, or Chinese Mandarin, would be highly beneficial.
- A professional certification in intelligence analysis or related security discipline.
- Experience in an intelligence agency, law enforcement organization, or the military would be highly beneficial.
- A solid understanding of physical security concepts and theories.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Willing to consider applicants at multiple job levels (Associate Intelligence Analyst, Intelligence Analyst, and Sr. Intelligence Analyst), Years of experience listed under requirements (2 yrs) is the minimum for the Associate Intellegence Analyst level.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org