Upwardly Global is the first and longest-serving organization that focuses on helping foreign-trained immigrants and refugees integrate into the American workforce. We prepare immigrants and refugees for jobs that match their education and skills, and we provide employers with the know-how to create inclusive hiring practices so they can take advantage of this untapped and valuable potential. We are proud to help and welcome newcomers to the U.S.
This role offers the opportunity to make a dramatic difference in the lives of immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers during this crucial time in the world and in our nation’s history.
The Employment Services Manager (ESM) is responsible for overseeing the regional Employment Services Associates (ESAs) and ensuring that we are tracking to meet placement goals by region and by funders. They will hire, train, coach and develop the ESA team. ESMs report to the Regional Program Directors. They provide key support and back-up the Regional Program Director and participate on national projects and teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Manage regional ESAs to drive placement outcomes and associated program milestones
· Responsible for staff development and retention
· Project Manage regional career summits and drop in events
· Develop and manage ESA team to ensure superior performance, employee satisfaction/retention, and regional placement outcomes
· Manage the onboarding and development of ESAs
· Lead new ESA recruiting process – with support from Program Director
· Liaise with Regional Event Coordinator to ensure alignment of events and program needs
· Will be a working manager depending on the number of ESAs directly reporting to the manager – As a general rule, the manager will not support job seekers (JS), if they have 5 or more direct reports
· Supports assigned JS with all aspects of ESA job search support
· Serve on the program alignment
· Serve on national teams or projects as needed
· Provide back up support to the Program Director as needed
· Support regional or national special projects as needed
· Complete other duties and/or projects as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
· 2 + years of related work experience in a coaching, workforce or human resources role a plus.
· Experience with recruitment preferred, but not required.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Detail orientated and strong project management skills with an ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
· Strong coaching skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
· A desire to make our DC office a fun, supportive, globally diverse and inspiring workplace
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
· This is a largely sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear and see.
· Requires the ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally
· Must be available to work evening events and occasionally weekend sessions
· Must have reliable transportation depending on region
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary expectations with Employment Services Manager, DMV Region in the subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org