Building upon a strong foundation of science, partnership and field demonstration, Conservation International (CI) empowers societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the well-being of people. Founded in 1987, CI is headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area and employs more than 1,000 staff in 30 countries. CI Europe leads CI’s engagement with European partners: European Union institutions, European governments, European corporate and foundations, and other key stakeholders for policy, partnerships and funding opportunities relevant to CI’s global mission.
Already successful with donors in Germany, Norway, France and European Union, CI Europe is now seeking to engage with other relevant European countries such as the Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Sweden, Finland and the United Kingdom. As such, CI Europe is seeking a resourceful individual to further develop existing and/or new relationships and engagement with public donors in these countries. This position will be responsible for raising CI’s profile with key European donor agencies, acting as the account manager for assigned donors, leading proposal development and monitoring the execution of projects to ensure commitments are met. This position will be based in CI’s European office in Brussels, Belgium.
- Successfully develop and manage Conservation International’s relationship with assigned European bilateral donors:
- Lead communications with donor representatives;
- Build donor intelligence (existing and prospective donors);
- Contribute to the definition and delivery of donor engagement strategy;
- Support networking and profile-raising activities;
- Develop communication tools as needed.
- Raise public funds to support CI’s field programs:
- Active scanning of the funding environment based on the needs and interests of CI’s field programs and technical teams;
- Develop relationships with potential fundraising prospects;
- Lead proposal development process for assigned donors;
- Maintain on-schedule reporting process and meet specific donor reporting needs and strengthen reporting processes; review donor reports to ensure high-quality and timely reports are submitted to donors;
- Keep accurate record of concept note and proposal pipeline.
- Reinforce CI’s position as a trusted advisor to the European Commission and targeted European Governments by organizing high-level meetings and exchanges for senior CI staff visiting Europe and European partners visiting field programs or CI headquarters;
- Support CI’s goals by promoting CI’s policy objectives in Europe, sharing strategic contacts and contributing to coherent approach in Europe;
- Raise awareness about the role of Europe and other relevant partners within CI and create awareness of the importance of engaging in these partnerships.
This is a full-time permanent position (Open ended contract or “Contrat à Durée Indéterminée”). Candidates must be EU nationals or have a valid work permit for Belgium.
(Applicants who do not meet these minimum requirements will not be considered).
- Proven track record ability to fundraise and network, developing and managing partnerships across a range of stakeholders;
- Graduate degree in environmental studies, public policy, international relations/development studies or natural resource management and minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- Excellent knowledge of the institutional framework of the targeted European Governments and/or the European Commission;
- Extensive contacts in the corresponding environment and development communities;
- Excellent understanding of conservation, development and political issues in Europe and globally;
- Strong writing and oral skills in English;
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment that requires collaboration and networking with others in dispersed locations;
- Willingness to travel as needed (European countries, USA and possibly field locations);
- Candidates should be EU nationals or have a valid work permit for Belgium.
- Project management experience;
- Previous work experience in an NGO environment;
- Previous work experience in field project implementation.
A competitive salary and benefits package are offered commensurate with qualifications and experience, including extra-legal leave time, complementary health insurance, lunch vouchers, etc.
Applications are to be submitted through the careers section of the CI website (www.conservation.org). Please apply using thislink. Also make sure to upload your CV and cover letter when applying online. Applications submitted by mail will not be considered.
Interviews will start on 1st week of September 2019.
As we pursue our vision and mission, we are guided by these essential and values:
- Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms;
- Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences;
- Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions;
- Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results;
- Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org