The World Justice Project's (WJP) global research team is seeking an Associate Data Analyst to support its research on civil justice issues. The Associate Data Analyst will report directly to the Director for Access to Justice Research to provide crucial support for WJP's research on access to civil justice, and may also support other thematic research projects on topics such as environmental governance and criminal justice as needed. Key responsibilities will include analyzing WJP data from surveys to general population legal experts; assisting with the production of final data reports and products; managing data requests for communications materials and presentations; and conducting other statistical and econometric research as needed. The ideal candidate will have 2 to 5 years of professional experience managing datasets, experience conducting statistical analyses for research reports, and a demonstrated interest in governance, justice, or rule of law issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
- Analyzing survey data gathered from the general public and experts in 100+ countries;
- Produce analyses and reviews of third-party data on civil justice issues coming from general population surveys, experts, and administrative sources;
- Contribute to the research, analysis, writing, and design of WJP publications pertaining to civil justice, environmental governance, and/or criminal justice;
- Assist with presentations on the methodology and findings of WJP studies for external audiences;
- Provide general programmatic support, including research, editing and proofreading documents, assisting with calendar management for research products, and coordinating presentations and meetings with external stakeholders;
- Assist with primary data collection for new research projects as needed;
- Maintain quantitative and qualitative third-party sources for verifying and cross referencing findings of WJP studies;
- Other duties as necessary.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- 2-5 years of professional experience managing large datasets;
- Graduate or Bachelor's degree in Economics, Public Policy, Political Science, or other relevant field;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Stata are required. Skills in R, Tableau, other statistical software, and survey software platforms are a plus;
- Experience with quantitative research and survey analysis;
- Experience producing statistical and econometrics analysis;
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and interact with staff at all levels;
- Ability to be flexible and work independently with little supervision;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail; and
- Highly dependable with the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org