The European Institute of Peace is looking for exceptional individuals who share our vision for a world where people live in safety and peace because conflicts and grievances are resolved through inclusive dialogue and lasting political agreements.
We provide practical experience, technical expertise, and policy advice on conflict resolution. We use a variety of tools to help us do this, including analysis, mapping and design of peace processes and agreements, facilitating policy discussions, and proposing practical engagement, for example through inclusive dialogue and mediation support.
Based in Brussels and active in over a dozen countries, the European Institute of Peace is an independent organisation working collaboratively with European decision-makers, the parties to the conflict, and those who represent people suffering from insecurity or at risk of violence, as well as the conflict prevention, resolution and mediation community.
Our innovative approach to peace enables us to be agile, creative, and effective in everything we do, and these are key qualities we look for in our team members. See www.eip.org for more information.
The Institute is looking for a Programme Assistant on a fixed-term 12-month contract with possibility for renewal (depending on funding) to support the Conflict Justice and Reconciliation programme (CJR) under the Peace Practice and Innovation unit.
He/she will be reporting to the CJR Programme Manager.
Please note that, in accordance with the Terms of Reference, this position will be particularly focused on the project management and administration aspects of the programme.
Terms of References
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the CJR team in the delivery of high-quality projects in relation to Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Yemen among other countries;
- Coordinate inputs from the project team and Operations to compile internal monthly financial and narrative grant implementation reports;
- Support the project team with drafting necessary documents for, following-up on, and ensuring compliance with administrative procedures (e.g. procurement requests, review of timesheets, timely receipt and payment of invoices);
- Support the project team and the Peace Practice and Innovations Director with coordination, record-keeping, logistical and substantive arrangements for internal and external meetings, including mission travel;
- Coordinate inputs from the project team to compile and edit drafts for annual progress reports and programme proposals to donors;
- As part of the project team, analyse and track progress on milestones, deliverables, monitoring evaluation indicators, and communicate these in internal and external (e.g. IATI Registry) project monitoring systems;
- As part of the project team, ensure organised filing and archiving of documents and information.
- University-level degree in a relevant field;
- At least two years of professional experience in project management and administration;
- Perfect command of English (verbal and written).
- Experience reporting to European donors and managing external funding;
- Fluent command of Arabic (verbal and written);
- Strong command of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams).
- Experience working with NGO(s) in the area of human rights, peacebuilding, and international affairs;
- Ability to work well under deadlines;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
The Institute offers
- 12 month fixed-term contract with the possibility for extension depending on funding;
- Salary based on 13.92 months;
- Benefits package which includes luncheon vouchers, hospital insurance, pension plan, and contribution to transportation;
- 40h/week including 12 RTT days per year;
- Orange SIM card;
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
Please submit in English:
- your CV (Name_Surname_CV_ Position);
- a one-page motivation letter (Name_Surname_ML_Position) demonstrating your qualification according to the profile.Submit to: [email protected]
The deadline is 7 February 2020 close of business (COB). If selected for the first round, we will contact you for an interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org