SAIC is seeking a Policy Analyst Associate. The position will support the Directorate for Organizational Policy and Decision Support within the Office of the Director of Administration and Management/Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) with a portfolio of major Departmental activities to include assisting with tracking, supporting, and/or assessing strategic initiatives/documents, senior leader decision making bodies, implementation of organizational adjustments, and institutionalization of management reforms.
- Supporting tracking, executing, and reporting on various govenance fora including the Deputy’s Management Action Group (DMAG) and the Deputy’s Workforce Council (DWC) among others.
- This includes assistance as the primary staffing element of Deputy Secretary-led governance processes; and providing administrative, meeting support, and facilitate, promote, and integrate required analytical support, as appropriate.
- Assisting with preparing briefing material for senior leadership decision making.
- Conducting ad-hoc research and analyzing mission-related issues.
- Interacting and building relationships with various DoD Components to gather information on status of strategic initiatives; compiling and analyzing data; and support to briefings and task development.
- Preparation of briefings on findings of significance related to office initiatives/proposals.
- Utilize, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint, in order to track strategic actions and fora.
- Rapidly synthesize complex information for senior leader decision making.
- BA/BS in Political Science, National Security Affairs, International Relations, International Economics, or a related field.
- This position requires a mininium 2 years’ experience with the Department of Defense and fundamentally requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult concepts in simple terms.
- Comfortable with communicating clearly with senior officials and senior staff.
- Familiarity with Service- and/or OSD-level strategy, policy, governance or resource allocation processes as a result of previous government, military and/or private sector assignments.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications.
- Background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including the use of MS SharePoint.
- Current DoD Interim SECRET clearance or higher.
- Ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- No travel anticipated
- Military Base access required (Pentagon)
Target salary range: $50,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org