The European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO) ASBL is a fully self-financed non-for-profit organisation under the Belgian law, established in June 2016.
ECSO is the privileged partner of the European Commission for the implementation of the Cybersecurity Public-Private Partnership. ECSO federates the European Cybersecurity public and private stakeholders, including large companies, SMEs and start-ups, research centres, universities, end-users and operators of essential services, clusters and association, as well as the local, regional and national public administrations across the European Union (EU) Members States, the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and H2020 Programme associated countries.
The main goal of ECSO is to coordinate the development of the European Cybersecurity Ecosystem support the protection of European Digital Single Market, ultimately to contribute to the advancement of European digital sovereignty and strategic autonomy.
Under the supervision of the ECSO Secretary General and the Senior Policy Manager, the Junior Policy Manager will support and assist the work of ECSO in the framework of the activities of its Working Group 3 – Cyber Resilience of Economy, Infrastructure and Services (CREIS).
The Junior Policy Manager will support the implementation of activities under CREIS’ pyramidal scheme, comprising the Community of Verticals (CoV), the CISOs European Community (CEC), and the CISOs Strategic Committee (CSC), which will include administrative & operational support, working group coordination, stakeholder coordination, desk research, quantitative and qualitative analysis, organisation of meetings & events, etc.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES
The Junior Policy Manager will support ECSO in the following aspects:
- Support in building an ECSO community of Chief Information Security Officers from Users/Operators of different sectors and essential service providers all over Europe
- Liaise with ECSO members’ Chief Information Security Officers (CISO) (or equivalent), and key stakeholders, to reinforce priorities and messaging at EU level
- Undertake surveys and propose synthesised reports & results to the Senior Policy Manager
- Draft reports, minutes, policy synthesis and analysis of EU documents and other relevant documents
- Prepare feedback and summary reports as necessary for dissemination amongst the members of the Community and ECSO members, and support the ECSO communications team for external dissemination of content
- Monitor European cybersecurity policies, and legislations relevant to Users/Operators (CREIS sectors: healthcare; energy; finance; transport; smart citizens/smart working/smart environments; manufacturing (industry 4.0, …); utilities, food, water; eGovernment; telecom, media, and content; retail, eCommerce, eServices).
- Support the organisation of WG meetings and various events on key issues related to ECSO’s work and the advancement of the working group’s activities
- Ensure relevant links with the activities of other ECSO Working Groups and Task Forces
- Support, when needed, ECSO’s participation in EU funded proposals and projects relevant to the topic of WG3 including, but not limited to, attending project meetings, writing deliverables, conducting desk research, and contributing to dissemination efforts
- Fulfil other responsibilities and tasks as directed by the Secretary General and the Senior Policy Manager.
- Relevant University Masters-level degree in political science, international relations, cybersecurity
- Have 1-3 years of relevant work experience. Experience in one or more of the following areas is considered a distinct advantage: cybersecurity applied to verticals; critical infrastructure protection; engagement with users/operators and/or directly with CISOs policy & legislation impacting users/operators In-depth knowledge of the EU Institutions and its relevant Agencies and proven knowledge of or interest in the cybersecurity domain
- Ability to network and build relationships with external organisations and stakeholders
- Strong research, analytical, organisational, and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under strict deadlines
- Ability to convene and facilitate group discussions
- Quick, clear and concise drafting and reporting skills
- Proactive, flexible, and a self-starter are important pre-requisites. The ideal candidate should be able to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent verbal & written knowledge of English is a must. Proficiency in other European languages would be an asset.
- IT-skills: Advanced use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel)
- CV + Cover letter to be sent to [email protected] & [email protected]
- Location: Brussels
- Starting date: As soon as possible – 1-year CDD with possibility of renewal and eventual CDI
- Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org