The successful candidate will support E3G’s efforts in shaping European and international policy discussion on industrial decarbonisation and circularity. The candidate will work with the ‘Clean Economy’ team to develop research on these important topics, produce briefings and communication materials, work with coalitions in Brussels, Europe and beyond, and participate in advocacy activities. Together these teams provide key political insights on European energy and climate policy to critical decision makers and climate advocates.
The candidate will support E3G’s research into European climate and energy politics, with an initial focus on the role of market pull instruments such as public procurement and product design, industrial gas use and carbon capture and storage.
This role is offered on a 1-year fixed-term basis with the possibility of further extension.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare clear, accessible research and analysis to inform policy briefings, reports and presentations regarding European and international climate policy. The initial focus will be on the role of market pull instruments, carbon capture and storage, and renewable gasses in decarbonising heavy industry.
- Producing internal and external communications materials and undertaking short pieces of wider analysis; occasionally support projects in other areas of E3G’s work and contribute to the wider organisational development of E3G.
- Support E3G engagement with civil society groups in Brussels to share strategic thinking gathered from across E3G teams.
- Support preparations and running of workshops and meetings internally and with external partners from the civil society, private sector, and European Institutions
- Provide administrative and organisational support, including note taking
- Limited travel may be required from time to time, but we are open to discussing options if this would otherwise become a barrier to apply for this role.
Experience and Skills
We’re looking for a successful candidate who can demonstrate a range of qualifications, competencies and experience to fit the role, including:
- Have an undergraduate degree (required) and post-graduate qualification (desirable).
- Strong research, analytical and thinking skills with intellectual curiosity and creativity and proficiency working with complex information.
- Well organised and focused on delivering desired outputs, results and outcomes.
- Be a team player, committed to achieving E3G’s objectives and capable of inspiring and facilitating action by others. You pay attention to detail and work effectively to support shared team outcomes.
- Have clear written and oral communication skills and impeccable English. You are able to communicate complex issues in a simple and engaging manner. Knowledge of another European language is a plus.
- Being used to operating internationally, with a high degree of cultural sensitivity.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org