The Asian Cultural Council is looking for a Program Officer to be a part of Programs team. The incumbent will contribute to redesigning the goals, strategies, and processes of the grant programs. S/he/they will collaborate with the Director of Programs and the Grants Administration Manager to implement the grant programs with four affiliate offices in Asia.
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Program Officer will focus on:
- Design, refine, and implement ACC grant programs and strategy to advance the mission and maximize program impact
- Manage the annual grantmaking/fellowship award process and recommend improvements as needed (identify and drive the desired impact; design application guidelines; outreach to creative communities, develop equitable selection criteria; conduct grantee due diligence; review applications, and prepare reports)
- Establish grantmaking processes and workflows in coordination with external departments and 4 affiliate offices
- Manage grantmaking budgets and monitor the effective use of grant funds
- Prepare docket material that summarizes grant recommendations and budgets for consideration by the Director of Programs, Executive Director, and Board of Trustees
- Outreach to new communities and work with the Communications Department to increase the visibility of ACC grant programs
- Partner with the Grants Administration Manager to maintain grants management database, process grants, track grant progress, and provide timely reports
- Convene panels to review applications
- Develop program matrix. Analyze data and adjust grant program/portfolio as appropriate.
Grantee/Alumni Relationships and Partnerships
- Effectively manage grantee relationships in collaboration with 4 affiliate offices (40 grantees per year). Serve as an internal and external point of contact for grant-related issues
- Organize local programs for 10-12 New York-based grantees to understand the cultural landscape, including site visits, introductions to institutions, mentorship, etc.
- Expand ACC partnerships in NYC across sectors. Act as a connector between grantees and partners
- Build relationships with peer organizations and potential collaboration opportunities
- Organize programs and events to continuously engage with current grantees and ACC alumni (past grantees)
- Work with the Grants Administration Manager to support grantees’ J-1 visa, housing, insurance, and travel-related needs as required
- Work with the Advancement Department on fundraising initiatives
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Department to publicize the award cycle, grantees’ work and to tell ACC impact stories
- Manage grant and grantee data with the Grants Administration Manager
- Special projects and administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Programs.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of grantmaking experience
- Experience in the arts and cultural field or with international organizations is a plus but not necessary
- Knowledge of Asia is helpful but not necessary
Skills and Abilities
- Experience with a variety of grantmaking approache
- Experience with strategic planning/process optimization
- Experience with managing data for the grantmaking system, and analyzing and interpreting data to improve the effectiveness of grant programs
- Comfort working with data, budgets, and other quantitative information
- Skills in building relationships with diverse constituencies and including different voices in programming
- Excellent writing and communication skills, Strong oral presentation/story-telling skills
- Openness to learning new technologies
- Desire to work in a team-oriented environment to solve complex and interesting challenges
To apply, please send a letter explaining your interest in the position and qualifications along with a resume. Include Program Officer in the subject line of your email. The application deadline is August 14, 2022.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org