Are you ready to change the world by improving our knowledge management framework? OPCW needs talent like you to build strategic awareness and promote cultural change.
Knowledge management: The job
As a Senior Knowledge Management Officer, you will play the leading role in the implementation and ongoing support of a knowledge management framework to accelerate the KM ambitions, improve knowledge retention and support the planning and implementation of increased intra- and interdivision cooperation. You will be reporting to the Director of Administration.
Other responsibilities include:
- Building strategic awareness and promoting cultural change in support of knowledge management by developing a culture that encourages "ask-learn-share" behaviours and by participating in internal communication initiatives to make our vision a reality;
- Managing the implementation of our knowledge management framework to support improved knowledge management within our organisation and with partners;
- Ensuring that the knowledge framework is effective, relevant and uses our resources efficiently through management, negotiation with stakeholders, monitoring and regular reporting and implementing of changes;
- Coordinating knowledge networking by building networks between OPCW and sources of global expertise in chemical weapons;
- Managing the KM functions of OPCW by developing an annual work plan, monitoring compliance and providing support and guidance to ensure objectives are met.
Achieving high-level results; this is who you are
Our ideal candidate has high-level leadership skills and provides others with clear direction. You motivate others and speak up where and when needed. You quickly build relationships with your outgoing and persuasive communication style. The job requires you to be clear-sighted and able to handle multiple tight deadlines. Excellent organisational and planning skills are important while trying out innovative approaches and insights. In addition, you are able to engage in informative formal public speaking.
- You have an advanced university degree in a knowledge-management related discipline or in Social Sciences, Public Administration or International Relations;
- You are qualified in information structuring and supporting tools and techniques, and are able to influence, persuade and mobilise agreement and action on complex issues;
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in knowledge management areas, including several years of experience in management or delivery experience;
- You have experience in coordination and cooperation in an international environment, such as engineering, military or a diplomatic context;
- You master the English language, both verbally and in written form, and have a good working knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish.
Working at OPCW
The OPCW culture features a high level of confidentiality and integrity. You will work in a multicultural and technical environment with challenging activities every day.
We offer you:
- A competitive salary (120,248k annually with dependants, 113,441k annually without dependants);
- Great secondary benefits such as rental subsidy, dependency allowance, Repatriation Grant, Education Grant and home leave;
- Travel and removal arrangements;
- The possibility to make the world a better place, without chemical weapons.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*