The Refugee Hub is hiring an
Administrative Support Officer
The Refugee Hub was founded at the University of Ottawa in 2012. Our mission is to foster justice and human rights for refugees at local, national, and international levels through innovative research, programs and partnerships. We are supported in our work by a team of in-house experts, a wide range of consultants, and a broad and diverse community of partners and stakeholders.
The Refugee Hub is seeking an Administrative Support Officer to work directly with the European Director/Head of Global Operations and the Global Advisor for Sponsorship Development to support their logistical, administrative and operational needs. This role is a unique opportunity to work in a growing team with some of the world’s leading experts in refugee resettlement and on some of the most exciting projects happening within the refugee protection space.
The ideal candidate will be a highly-organized, self-motivated person who excels at problem-solving, organization, coordination, and relationship-building, and also demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, discretion, and responsibility, including when liaising with stakeholders and managing various files with little supervision.
Specific duties include:
- Management of schedule and appointments, organizing meetings nationally and internationally across multiple time zones, prioritizing conflicting needs; handling matters expeditiously and proactively; managing high level stakeholders in a highly professional manner while exercising discretion and good judgement;
- Manage significant professional travel arrangements both national & international, including logistics and preparing claims for reimbursement;
- Coordinate and manage task management systems, including calendars, call lists, speaking requests, and requests from project partners and other staff members;
- Provide executive-level communications support including drafting and editing of confidential correspondence and emails;
- Accompany the European Director and the Global Advisor to certain meetings (including calls), preparing briefing binders and taking notes as required;
- Manage programmatic expenses, including preparing and submitting claims for reimbursement, tracking, monitoring and reporting, while liaising with the Refugee Hub Finance Officer
- Managing the financial reporting required for the EU-Passworld AMIF project, supporting the Senior Policy and Project Officer with responsibility for the project;
- Staying informed of relevant policies and compliance requirements and adhering to relevant policies and guidelines;
- This role may require occasional after-hours engagement, as well as collaboration with the larger Hub team on a variety of files including events, procurement, donor relations and communications as required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to correspond with high level stakeholders
- Excellent organizational, coordination and tracking skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated maturity, tact, integrity and diplomacy with a professional presence and manner capable of exercising personal judgment and flexibility
- High proficiency with office technology and remote-connectivity applications, including Microsoft 365 Suite, BlueJeans, Zoom and Asana (or similar project management software)
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment on a wide range of tasks and projects, including ability to prioritize tasks
- High-level work experience in executive assistantship or secretarial roles.
This is a remote work position within the range of Western European to Central European Standard Time. Preference for candidates based in Europe/UK.
- One-year contract (renewable)
- Start date: as soon as possible
Please apply through Bamboo HR at refugeehub.bamboohr.com/jobs by January 30th, 2022 23:59 CET, to be considered for this position.
The Refugee Hub is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion, and encourages qualified candidates of all genders and from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
The Refugee Hub will provide accommodations upon request during the recruitment, selection and assessment process for candidates with a disability.