Principal duties:(30%) Alumni relations and Engagement
- Cultivate positive relations with alumni (especially faculty and international alumni), community, and campus friends of the AAE to enhance philanthropic gifts and other forms of support.
- Identify and coordinate alumni to lecture in AAE seminars.
- Identify and engage potential domestic and international partners for AAE, possibly including alumni, academic institutions, government agencies, NGOs, corporations, family foundations, and contacts/collaborators already known to the AAE faculty/staff.
(20%) Campus and community outreach and education.
- Build a highly recognized brand with associated values and expectations.
- Build a network of AAE supporters of alumni and friends through events and programs, be they on campus or elsewhere around the nation, or around the world.
- Develop, maintain, and report out to the faculty, an overall engagement strategy.
- Coordinate events and activities as assigned, including the Annual Sponsors and Scholars event and graduation events.
(20%) Advisory to Faculty and Staff
- Work with AAE faculty/staff to develop and optimize interactions with alumni and other potential friends.
- Identify potential donors or other interests in supporting AAE.
- Coordinate visits, meetings, and events with these individuals, and/or with alumni/friends gatherings more generally.
- Ensure follow-up with contacts made through these activities.
- Solicit other opportunities as they present themselves to build the AAE brand and knowledge of the department's and its faculty and staff work.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the diversity of AAE domestic and international student populations.
(20%) Strategic communications
- Provide a structure of strategic communications to inform, engage, excite, and inspire alumni and friends of the AAE.
- Facilitate media opportunities as appropriate for AAE faculty/staff when traveling, e.g.: interviews with local media sources; speaking opportunities at Embassies, Chambers of Commerce, trade organizations, NGOs, or any other strategic organization/venue.
- Provide support for existing local and on-campus communication efforts of AAE, ensuring coordination with alumni communications.
- Utilize alumni networks to market AAE Visiting International Student Program (VISP) and professional degree programs.
- Strategize with AAE Leadership on opportunities to partner with International Institutions for AAE VISP and professional programs.
- Work with Program Coordinators to identify marketing opportunities for AAE VISP and professional programs.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION:
Minimum of a Bachelor degree in international relations, development, or related field.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
Well-qualified applicants will have the following work experience:
1) A minimum of 7 years of experience and in-depth knowledge of alumni relations (with specific experience related to international alumni interactions), relationship building, development, campus and community outreach, and event planning.
2) Ability to simultaneously handle multiple and diverse projects, events, and shifting priorities and deadlines.
3) Superior oral, written, and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent presentation and organizational skills.
4) Professional experience relevant to the mission of the AAE.
5) Demonstrated skill and experience in creating positive relationships with UW-Madison alumni and others.
6) Demonstrated skill and experience leading project teams and workgroups, with attention to details and accountability to the tasks at-hand.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org