ICMC Europe seeks a Senior Policy and Project Officer - Refugee Sponsorship to conduct policy analysis and advocacy on refugee sponsorship in the EU, and to ensure smooth implementation of two projects related to refugee sponsorship.
The Senior Policy and Project Officer will work under the supervision of the ICMC Head of Office and will be responsible for:
Policy Analysis and Advocacy
- Closely monitor policy developments (national and EU-level) related to migrant and refugee integration, legal migration pathways, resettlement and complementary pathways, and private sponsorship of refugees in the EU.
- Build and maintain relationships with partners across Europe to follow developments on the ground related to refugee sponsorship (i.e. identifying promising practices and common challenges, mapping programme outcomes, etc.).
- Draft policy documents and policy-focused communications outputs (policy briefs, talking points, presentations, newsletters, etc.) related to sponsorship, integration and other related topics.
- Work with partners to facilitate research and develop publications related to sponsorship, integration and other related topics.
- Develop and coordinate capacity building events in selected regions.
- Serve as the primary contact point to coordinate with the project’s seven partners and other external actors located in different European countries.
- Support coordination of grant administration and reporting in line with grant requirements (in cooperation with ICMC Europe finance and administration staff).
- Promote the project through development of communications materials and representation at external events, as needed.
Support to ICMC Europe Overall
- Facilitate strong linkages with other ICMC projects and overall ICMC advocacy efforts.
- Support overall administration of ICMC Europe, in collaboration with the full ICMC Europe team.
- Other tasks as needed and required.
- Excellent policy analysis skills. Interest in and knowledge of the EU policy context with regards to refugee, migration, asylum and social inclusion issues is required; familiarity with private sponsorship is preferred.
- Highly organized and experienced with project and budget management. Experience managing transnational EU-funded projects preferred.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills in English (good command of other languages highly preferred, especially Spanish, German, Italian or French).
- Able to work proactively in a small office environment.
- Personal qualities and experience including a refugee or migrant background, a strong commitment to social justice and human rights, experience volunteering with migrants or refugees, etc. will be taken into consideration alongside formal educational and professional experience.
- 5-9 years of proven professional experience in migration and integration field.
- English required; good command of other languages (especially Spanish, German, Italian or French) preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org