EuroHealthNet is a leading Partnership for improving health, equity and well-being, and consists of bodies responsible for public health and health promotion in EU Member States. From our office we co-ordinate research, policy, and capacity building activities to help improve health determinants and address health inequalities.
We have an enthusiastic and highly-skilled team of 11 people plus rotating internships, all of whom contribute to an active, diverse and dynamic work environment. You can read about our work at www.eurohealthnet.eu.
About the post
The Senior Coordinator will develop and manage EuroHealthNet’s PRACTICE Platform. They will help public health bodies develop the capacity and knowledge needed to reduce health inequalities. The PRACTICE Platform focuses on enabling the exchange of tools, methodologies and practices which improve health and wellbeing for all. It stimulates the application of the best available evidence and policy measures thereby strengthening impact on the ground. As well as contributing to building the capacity of members, and coordinating knowledge exchange around ‘what works’, it encourages members and associates to collaborate and shape international initiatives.
In 2018, the PRACTICE Platform will implement many exciting projects and initiatives. These include Country Exchange Visits, a capacity building workshop, a conference on LGTBI and health, a seminar linked to our General Council meeting, work on the use of European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) for health equity, as well as crucial participation in a new Joint Action on Health Inequalities and the CHRODIS+ Joint action on chronic diseases.
- Coordinate EuroHealthNet’s work within CHRODIS+, including supporting CHRODIS+ partners in the organisation of high level national policy dialogues, and coordinating a work package on health promotion. Liaise closely with other colleagues to integrate EuroHealthNet objectives into the Joint Action and vice versa. Ensure effective implementation in close cooperation with the CHRODIS+ partners and according set timelines and ensure excellent visibility of EuroHealthNet’s outputs and outcomes in CHRODIS+;
- Coordinate and help further develop the PRACTICE Platform so that it contributes to:
- Strengthening the capacity of EuroHealthNet members and PRACTICE associate members;
- Ensuring an efficient exchange of good practice;
- Facilitating the participation of members in the Platform activities and liaising with key stakeholders in further developments.
- Organise members’ Country Exchange Visits, capacity building workshops, Thematic Working Group on healthy ageing, and ESIF help desk. Ensure relevant activities and commitments are implemented in close cooperation with the Project & Communication Officer;
- Bring together relevant information on project calls and engagement opportunities for members, developing EuroHealthNet’s “Calls and Opportunities Alert” (internal newsletter);
- Participate in events, liaise with relevant stakeholders also beyond the health sector and identify and attract potential new EuroHealthNet members and associate PRACTICE members through networking and other sources;
- Help to identify new opportunities for funded work such as EC project proposals, tenders or commissioned reports for network members or other donors. Play a leading role in the development of the content of related bids;
- Contribute to cross-cutting network work programme elements. Play an active part in working as part of a team on tasks including internal and external communications, presentations, fundraising, membership recruitment, capacity building and knowledge development, administration and events organisation.
- You are educated to at least master level in a relevant field such as social sciences, humanities, health related fields;
- You have minimum 8 years of relevant experience in project management and/or policy design & implementation in the field of public health, health promotion, and primary prevention and health inequalities. Experience in the field of social investment/social inclusion would also be considered;
- You have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage competing deadlines;
- You have an ability to grasp complex subjects quickly in a fast-moving working environment;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (native speaker level), and have proven experience in writing articles and reports (in English). English writing skills will be tested during the interview;
- You feel comfortable working in close contact with senior policy makers, in national and international contexts;
- You can deliver high-quality results under pressure and are comfortable working on your own as well as in teams;
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills;
- You have experience working in an international environment, ideally on EU issues;
- You have a pro-active, flexible and ‘hands-on’ approach to work;
- You are willing to travel within Europe if and when required.
The following skills and experience are additional assets to your application:
- Knowledge of any other European language;
- Good knowledge of the policy-making processes at the European level and of the EU-institutions;
- Website and social media management, communications and advocacy.
This position is offered full-time for one year, with the possibility of obtaining a permanent contract afterwards. It will be offered according to Belgian national legislation.
- The senior co-ordinator will report directly to EuroHealthNet’s Programme Managers;
- All applicants must be qualified, eligible and able to work in Belgium. We are unfortunately not able to provide financial assistance in relocating to Brussels or Belgium;
- The monthly gross salary range for this post is 3,600€ to 4,000€ (gross), depending on the successful candidate experience. EuroHealthNet also offers benefits such as meal vouchers, financial support towards the use public transport to work, and hospital insurance;
- The post will include occasional travel within Europe.
Applicants should send an email to Renaud Rollet ([email protected]), with the following subject line: “Senior Coordinator vacancy”.
Please include the following two files as attachments (do not include any other attachments):
- A CV, with filename SURNAME_FIRSTNAME_CV;
- A motivation letter, one page maximum, with filename SURNAME_FIRSTNAME_ML.
Please address the following questions in your motivation letter (within the 1-page limit):
- In what ways are you suited to the advertised position?
- What is the challenge for health promotion in addressing chronic diseases?
Please note that applications that do not follow these instructions will be disregarded.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 2nd January 2018, 17:00 CET. Interviews (Skype or in-person) are to be held in early January, with the appointment to begin as soon as possible after that.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*