The World Justice Project (WJP) is seeking to hire one Program Associate who will be responsible for providing support on grant operations and administration for research projects focusing on justice and the rule of law worldwide. The Program Associate will dedicate most of their time to a project funded by the European Union (EU) and will report to the team's Senior Program Associate. This position will also work closely with the Research, Finance, and Operations teams. This is a current vacancy, with an immediate start.
The position will ideally be based in the WJP Washington, DC office. WJP maintains a hybrid in-office/remote work schedule. Staff are expected to be located within commuting distance of one of our established offices, and to work from the office at least three days per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare regular technical and financial reports.
- Prepare regular financial forecasts.
- Coordinate and support procurement processes for the assigned projects, including contract negotiations and day-to-day administration of consultant and vendor contracts, to ensure compliance with WJP's procurement policies.
- Organize and process invoices and other expense requests to ensure payments and expenditure reporting are up to date.
- Assist project teams with scheduling of internal and external meetings.
- Work closely with the Research and Operations teams to ensure compliance with data protection regulations, including General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Participate in staff recruitment and training, as necessary.
- Support projects and activities that relate to data collection efforts, data visualization, and report production.
Skills and Experience
- University degree in Political Science, Social Sciences, Economics, Public Policy, International Relations, or related field (advanced degree preferred), and at least three years of professional experience.
- A strong academic track record and an enthusiastic interest in the rule of law.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills and high attention to detail.
- Experience coordinating and supporting the management of contracts and grants (preferably EU-funded grants).
- Experience in finance forecasting.
- Strong Excel and Google Sheets skills required.
- Experience/knowledge in project management processes.
- Strong interpersonal, management and communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- English fluency is required; proficiency in additional languages is preferred.
- Commitment to WJP's mission and principles.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is frequently required to use finger dexterity as well as sufficient hand dexterity to use a computer keyboard, and is frequently required to be capable of reading a computer screen. The employee also may need to remain seated for long periods of time, have the ability to perform repetitive motions, grasp objects, including a writing instrument, stand, communicate verbally and hear well enough to detect nuances and receive detailed information. The employee may be required to walk, push, or pull objects, bend, squat, reach, or kneel. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for expansive reading and data analysis.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org