LINC has a growing portfolio of global programming and holds a variety of IDIQ mechanisms that leverage our leadership in traditional and innovative Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning approaches. The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Technical Director provides expertise, technical leadership, and analytical support to a portfolio of LINC projects, new business, and strategic initiatives.
As LINC is a mission-driven organization, the MEL Technical Director has a demonstrated passion for locally-led development. As a member of LINC’s Programs Unit, the MEL Technical Director serves as a resource to ongoing field or global projects and plays a leadership role in developing LINC’s technical products, designing and implementing projects, training and mentoring staff, generating knowledge products, and engaging in overall organization and sector-wide outreach and thought leadership.
The MEL Technical Director supports and leads evaluation teams, leads research and technical projects, and contributes to strategic and new business development as delegated by the Senior Program Director. They also oversee and backstop long-term, field-based programs, to ensure the programs exceed client expectations and deliver on all contractual matters.
The MEL Technical Director has proven skills, expertise, and experience in evaluation, research, complexity-aware monitoring, CLA, systems thinking, and training. They also have demonstrated project management and business development skills, particularly for USAID programs, have experience in sectors and/or geographies that are highly relevant to LINC’s current and future work. The MEL Technical Director routinely engages with relevant experts and communities of practice, is proactive and takes initiative to identify opportunities for new studies, testing new approaches, and working with new clients.
The MEL Technical Director should be willing to travel internationally by approximately 10-25%.
LINC’s dynamic environment requires the successful candidate to be capable of providing leadership, management, and technical support to multiple project or research activities simultaneously, including short-term / discreet studies and analyses and longer-term, multi-year activities. Responsibilities include:
- Lead evaluations, research, and projects as delegated by Senior Program Director, undertaking responsibilities to ensure overall delivery of the activity, including oversight of the team, adherence to workplan, reporting, invoicing and backstopping schedules, coordination with partners and client communications.
- Provide technical leadership, support, and expertise to a portfolio of projects, both short and long-term. Support may be provided in the form of remote and on-site design, analysis, technical assistance, training, research, reporting, collaboration with partners and/or other technical experts, and presentation to clients.
- Provide management oversight of long-term, field-based programs, to ensure contractual and financial compliance on matters including recruitment, procurement, and travel.
- Oversee and manage one or more Project Managers assigned to backstop and support LINC’s project portfolio.
- Support business development efforts, including proactive identification of opportunities with new and existing clients, conducting capture trips, serving as capture lead, and contributing to technical proposals, including authoring and/or review of technical approaches.
- Spearhead and/or support strategic initiatives, including the development/piloting of new approaches, refinement of methods, delivery of training both internally and externally, and identification and implementation of independent research to support LINC’s mission. Generate knowledge products for internal use and for external dissemination that contribute to LINC’s thought leadership.
- Actively identify and engage with relevant thought leadership and communities of practice, potentially including leading learning or coordination activities, technical contributions, and presentations. Identify individual professional development opportunities for personal growth and/or for LINC colleagues.
- Support communications and new business development efforts, including the routine updating of project communications materials (e.g., project website, social media posts, etc.), reporting from field activities, updating of technical/program components of PPRs, and development of discreet outreach materials.
- Development/authorship of program guidance documentation, case studies, learning materials, and reports.
- Provision of technical mentoring and support to other LINC technical and project management staff, partners, and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory and Reporting Responsibilities
The MEL Technical Director will lead and support technical teams as delegated by the Senior Program Director. The Technical Director will report to the Seni
LINC encourages proactive, flexible, and team-oriented staff to thrive and grow with us. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, team-oriented leader with excellent technical skills, experience in the international development space, and a passion for improving the effectiveness of social change efforts around the world. Specific qualifications include:
- Masters degree in international development, international relations, social sciences, public administration, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in international development, preferably including overseas work on donor-funded programming.
- Expertise in program design, monitoring, evaluation, research, CLA, systems thinking, and/or traditional MERL.
- Strong background and familiarity with international development project M&E frameworks, both traditional (e.g., logical frameworks, periodic monitoring, survey, focus group discussion, key informant interview) and systems-based (e.g., outcome harvesting, network analysis, factor analysis, PEA, ethnography).
- Proven project management skills, particularly of long-term, field-based programs, and the associated donor requirements, rules, and regulations.
- Proven business development skills, particularly successfully serving as capture lead or proposal author
- Excellent writing skills, as demonstrated in analytical reports/publications and proposals.
- Proven ability to interpret and communicate findings from complex data analyses;
- Skills and experience working with data, and data platforms illustratively including Excel, SPSS, R, Kumu, NVivo, Atlas.ti, Vensim, etc.
- Demonstrated communication, coordination, and client management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within teams and to take initiative for new products or services.
Additional desired skills and qualifications
- Experience living and/or working in low resource countries.
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, or Arabic.
Please send your resume/CV with the subject line “MEL Technical Director”. All applications will be reviewed, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC is an equal opportunity employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org