The Society of Audiovisual Authors (SAA) is an association of European collective management organisations managing audiovisual authors’ rights. Its members (32 societies in 24 countries) administer rights for over 140,000 European film and television screenwriters and directors.
The internship will provide the opportunity for the intern to be involved and gain real, working, practical experience in the development of European legislation at European Commission, Parliament and Council level. The main tasks will be to support the team with monitoring EU institutions, industry and Member State activities in the fields of copyright and media policy, communications and events organisation.
- Monitor and provide analysis of European policy developments in SAA’s field of activity (copyright and audiovisual policy) and actively follow the European institutions’ work in these fields.
- Conduct studies and research to formulate and draft notes under supervision.
- Assist SAA team in the daily tasks (translations, phone calls, meeting requests, website updates, etc.).
- Supporting the event organisation of SAA’s General Assembly and a possible conference at the end of March 2019.
- Master’s Degree student with experience, focus or interest in the areas of work of SAA: copyright, creative sectors, audiovisual sector and European policy.
- Relevant fields of studies: political science, European studies, international relations, law, etc.
- A sound knowledge of the European institutions and of the EU decision-making process.
- Interest in and experience of social media platforms for monitoring and analytics (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn). Knowledge of website content management systems (CMS) desirable.
- Excellent English speaker with a proven ability to write in a clear, understandable and engaging way. Knowledge of other European languages desirable.
- Dynamic, creative and responsible, showing autonomy, initiative and reactivity.
- Task-orientated and able to meet deadlines.
- Able to adapt and be flexible in a small team.
- IT skills: MS Office package.
- Position based in Brussels, Belgium.
- 5 months, starting on 11 February 2019.
- Paid internship.
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org