The overall objective of this action is to contribute to the transformation of the unresolved conflicts in the EaP region. The action will build on a regional, individual and multi-country approach, promoting EU best practices and ensuring compliance with human rights law, including on gender equality, and the new EU Strategy on Women, Peace and Security. Its specific objective is to establish an environment conducive to diffusing tension and fostering better understanding amongst the conflicting parties and stakeholders.
The purpose of this contract is to provide the EU and the concerned partners in the region with adequate, timely and professional competent technical assistance for the implementation of the “EU4Dialogue: Supporting understanding between conflict parties” initiative (component 1 of the EU4Dialogue programme) and to foster synergies with and between related ENI and IcSP actions. This should be achieved through consultancy in specialised areas, logistics support for the organisation of meetings, seminars, conferences, events, etc., ensuring that activities are programmed and implemented in an efficient, effective and politically sensitive manner and that planned results are achieved contributing to the realisation of the overall objective.
Results to be achieved:
- The programme’s confidence and peacebuilding efforts are inclusive and have involved civil society, including women’s organisations, opinion shapers, and where possible decision-makers;
- Strengthened constructive exchange on conflict narratives;
- People-to-people contacts across dividing lines have been reinforced in the framework of the programme activities;
- In the framework of the programme synergies between different dialogue and diplomatic tracks have been strengthened;
- The target groups in the conflict-afflicted communities are aware of the EU’s readiness to provide support.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent diploma in Public Administration, Political and/or Social Sciences, International Relations or other relevant discipline;
- In absence of a Master’s Degree, relevant professional experience of at least 5 years to be added to the required general professional experience;
- Excellent oral communication and drafting skills in English
- Working knowledge of Russian (speaking and understanding) is required;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Experience in dealing with sensitive files and interacting with high-level interlocutors.
General professional experience:
- Experience of at least 2 years in working with (or in cooperation with) EU institutions will be considered an asset, in particular on conflict transformation, confidence building and dialogue related processes in at least 2 projects.
Specific professional experience:
- A minimum of 7 years post-graduate experience in the field of conflict transformation and conflict resolution or peacebuilding;
- A minimum of 5 years of fieldwork experience in developing and/or fragile countries, including interacting with international and regional organisations and with civil society;
- Work experience of at least 2 years in the field of confidence building, conflict transformation and dialogue gained in at least 2 projects.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org