If you’re willing to take on challenging assignments with a commitment to performance and quality, then BCS, LLC (BCS) wants you to join its team!
BCS, a wholly owned subsidiary of Montero Williams International, has provided support since 1989 to federal and state government agencies and private-sector organizations in the clean energy, environmental systems, defense, national security and transportation sectors. Our award-winning services include business management, technical analysis, communications, and information technology.
Learn more about our company and the exciting opportunities we have to offer by visiting the BCS website.
Position Location: Arlington, VA
Summary: BCS, LLC is looking for the best qualified Policy Analyst to join our team to better serve our client to sustain warfighter readiness and lethality by providing all energy-related policy and governance for programs and activities that enable resilient, efficient, and cyber-secure energy for Joint forces, weapon systems, and installations. The successful candidate will possess a broad understanding of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) energy arena and will serve as policy support. The successful candidate will be stationed in Arlington, VA.
- Support the development, coordination, implementation, and/or revision of strategy, directives, instructions, doctrine, manuals, policy, and other guidance associated with operational energy, installation energy, and facility-related control systems cybersecurity.
- As directed by the government staff, the contractor team shall use written products, quantitative approaches, and organize and execute effective working groups to execute policy support.
- Apply knowledge of existing statute, policy, and guidance for operational and installation energy to assist the client with developing, coordinating, and implementing formal DoD issuances (Directives, Instructions, Manuals, Doctrine), senior leader (USD/ASD/DASD) memoranda, and other strategy and guidance documents contributing to energy resilient forces and facilities.
- Support the client in the preparation of Public Affairs Office articles and interviews related to energy.
- Active U.S. Department of Defense Secret Clearance is mandatory at time of application
- Bachelor degree in statistics, economics, international relations, or engineering
- 7+ years’ experience with 2+ years related directly to operational or installation energy resilience.
- 2+ years OSD/Service staff/Joint Staff experience.
- Experience with evaluating and mitigating risks to energy resilience of DoD forces and/or facilities.
- Experience with Service or Department initiatives related to energy resilience.
- Experience with assessing and contributing to policy and governance (strategy, Directives, Instructions, Manuals, Doctrine, senior leader memoranda).
- Experience with evaluating Service programs and resourcing.
- Knowledge of the defense authorization and appropriation process, experience with reviewing proposed legislation, and experience with developing appeals and legislative proposals.
- Knowledge of DoD organization and structure.
- Experience providing the general responsibilities above
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org