Responsible for in-country coordination and implementation of program and operations activities, adherence to logistics, human resources, administration, and security procedures. Serves as the central MedGlobal presence and point of contact in Colombia. This position works in conjunction with the on-site Clinical Coordinator in Cúcuta.
• Act as main in-country MedGlobal liaison with clinical partner and other partners.
• Implement on-going programs and lead program development opportunities as per the instruction and guidance of MedGlobal leadership team.
• Build partnerships with local NGOs and investigate resources available in the local area.
• Meet and communicate with interested parties and donors regarding MedGlobal’s program activities.
• Oversee clinic activities in the event the Clinical Coordinator is absent or sick.
• Draft and submit grant proposals for funding to expand program capacity.
• Provide supervision and coordination of medical volunteers.
• Oversee orientation process for medical volunteers and ensure security protocols are met.
• Take active role in planning for new projects, including but not limited to the following:
1. Implementation of new contract with medical partner
2. Implementation of expanded services for pregnant beneficiaries
3. Special projects for volunteers (e.g. graduate student projects, etc.)
• Help improve processes for clinic functions with input from the Clinical Coordinator and MedGlobal leadership.
• Work to improve the reporting capabilities of clinical partner.
• Catalogue and organize all medications/supplies brought by volunteers.
• Coordinate media content to be used for volunteer engagement, social media, fundraising, etc.
• Orient and inform new MedGlobal staff in the United States about the relevant situation in Colombia and Venezuela.
• Represent MedGlobal and collaborate with UN agencies and INGOs during meetings (GIFMM, Health Cluster, subcommittee meetings).
• Attend relevant meetings with other NGOs and stakeholders.
• Communicate summary and priorities to MedGlobal leadership.
Finance & Reporting
• Work with clinical partner to ensure that financial and programmatic reports are accurate and complete.
• Work with local accountant and legal representative to ensure that all records are up to date and submitted in a timely manner.
• Summarize financial and programmatic reports for MedGlobal leadership team.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Degree in health or nutrition related fields preferred.
• Knowledge of project/business management practices and procedures.
• Experience with principles and guidelines of program planning, implementation, and logistics.
• Substantial knowledge of international standard logistics procedures (purchasing, contracts) and practices.
• Good understanding of financial & human resources procedures.
• Excellent communication and representation skills (oral, written, cultural).
• Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
• Ability to adapt within the working environment.
• Ability to work in a team setting.
• Familiarity with contracts, MOUs, and other legal documents written in Spanish and as utilized in Colombia.
• Bilingual - English/Spanish.
• Minimum 3-year field experience in international humanitarian issues.
• 2-3 years relevant experience with an international non-profit organization in a clinic, hospital, or a public health department.
• Extensive network in UN agencies, INGOs and NGOs.
Special considerations for job location & travel
• Given the current COVID-19 pandemic, we recognize the need to limit travel and exposure of non-essential workers. Therefore, the physical location of this job will be mutually agreed upon by the Program Manager and MedGlobal leadership.
• At this time, the majority of required meetings are virtual.
• Occasional site visits to key locations throughout Cúcuta will be required.
• Typically, this position requires limited in-country travel to Bogotá. However, at this time, air travel has been suspended in Colombia.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume with the subject line: “Program Manager - Colombia”
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org