UNESDA Soft Drinks Europe, the European trade association representing the soft drinks industry (www.unesda.eu), is looking to appoint a full-time EU Policy Manager to join its dynamic team in Brussels. UNESDA represents, at EU level, 9 companies (e.g. The Coca-Cola Company, PepsiCo, Red Bull, Suntory Beverage and Food Europe and Refresco) and 23 national soft drink associations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the association’s policy and public affairs work on sustainability and competitiveness under (most notably) the EU Green Deal, EU Circular Economy Action Plan and Farm-to-Fork Action Plan. Experience on sustainability and circularity policies and legislative files is therefore an added value.
The EU Policy Manager will work closely with the rest of the UNESDA team and the UNESDA members to identify, assess, quantify, prioritize and manage issues that affect the soft drinks sector from a reputational and regulatory perspective at EU level. You will lead on the engagement with a broad range of EU stakeholders (including European Commission and elected officials, their staff, Brussels-based NGOs, EU trade associations) to address those issues.
You will have 5-7 years’ experience in EU policy, be plugged into the Brussels policy scene, and have excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Lead the policy, advocacy and public affairs function for UNESDA on sustainability and competitiveness (briefings, position papers, setting up meetings, etc.);
- Develop and maintain strong networks with the EU institutions to articulate and advocate UNESDA’s opinions;
- Liaise and collaborate with other relevant stakeholders in Brussels;
- Lead and coordinate UNESDA internal working groups related to sustainability, competitiveness and public affairs;
- Monitor and report on policies, both at EU and national level;
- Participate and represent UNESDA in internal and external meetings.
- 5-7 years experience in EU policy, preferably on sustainable – environment – circularity policies and legislative files;
- Graduate in EU-related studies. Strong understanding of EU institutions, policies and decision-making processes is essential;
- Strong writing, project management and communication skills;
- Fluent spoken and written English is essential – other languages are welcome;
- Ability to work and engage with a range of stakeholders in a multinational environment;
- Self-starter and ability to work to tight deadlines both independently as well as part of a team.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package matching the selected profile;
- Engagement with a small, but vibrant UNESDA team, and interaction with major international players;
- Significant room for self-initiative leading towards the creation and execution of a pro-active and engaged policy and advocacy strategy;
- Opportunity to develop professional and management skills;
- Exposure to diverse policy areas (e.g. environment, health, trade, taxation) and the possibility to explore a variety of topics;
- Further develop your expertise in sustainability and competitiveness.
Please send your CV and motivation letter before June 11, 2021, to [email protected] stating the following in subject: EU Policy Manager – ‘LAST NAME’_ ‘FIRST NAME’.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org