The AWS Security Operations Center (SOC) is looking for creative, curious, and motivated data and risk strategist to join its Risk Intelligence team. This team provides critical support by conducting deep dives into security related issues and data, uncovering threats and gaps, and plotting strategic solutions to enhance the security posture of AWS.
The ideal candidate enjoys the challenge of applying their data science expertise to a variety of business and security issues through creating risk methodologies, structuring data sets, and identifying new data streams. You are comfortable using both quantitative and qualitative data to determine potential risk to the business and devise process-based solutions that will mitigate the risk of future events. In addition to a strong background in data analytics, secondary experience in physical security, cloud computing, intelligence, cybersecurity, management consulting, or physical security systems is preferred. Most importantly, members of the Risk Intelligence team must thrive amidst ambiguous requirements, love to build relationships, and have an intense desire to learn and explore. This is an individual contributor, consulting-like role where candidates will not only be expected to seek out issues, but be able to clearly and confidently articulate their data-based findings to technical and non-technical business leaders. You will also contribute towards the development and implementation of the overall Risk Intel program while serving as a SME in their areas of expertise.
What you will do:
· Conduct and drive analysis on critical security escalations and other high visibility events
· Develop underlying risk scoring methodology
· Lead internal projects to improve processes, structure existing data, onboard new data sets, and manage risk catalog
· Help scope, plan, and execute both the risk intelligence program and specific projects that emerge
· Review data from internal systems looking for patterns or anomalies of interest
· Triage customer requests for research and write individualized analysis products
· Foster and develop relationships with individual stakeholders and teams throughout AWS to actively exchange information, research ongoing deep dives, and assess opportunities for new data sets and risk analyses
· Provide subject-matter expertise consultation on a variety of SOC and AWS initiatives
· Share both subject matter expertise and technical understanding with adjunct teams on both a formal and informal basis and be ready to brief leadership, particularly in crisis events
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· 7+ equivalent year’s professional experience in data science (preferably in security, intelligence or cloud computing environment) including data analytics, data engineering and visualization platforms
· 3+ years experience building data and risk methodologies
· 3+ years experience in determining business impact and delivering strategic-level guidance
· Graduate degree in data science, international relations, cybersecurity, cloud computing engineering, security discipline, or related field
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly to senior-level audiences
· Strong track record of executing in dynamic and fast-paced environments
· Ability to apply critical thinking in complex situations
· Talent for developing and maintaining a large network of internal relationships
· Aptitude for working in cross functional groups
· Experience of managing relationships with security and intelligence teams
· Track record of delivering briefings to C-suite audiences through client meetings, webinars, conferences, podcasts or other verbal delivery mechanisms
· International experience in the form of living in other countries and/or an academic/professional focus on a particular part of the world
· Familiarity with intelligence gathering in a government agency
· Exposure to working with AWS teams or technologies/services
· Capability to develop and analyze metrics
· Exposure to process improvement and or quality control tools and methods
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org