IUCN’s Strategic Partnerships Unit (SPU) is responsible for identifying and managing strategic partnerships with IUCN’s donors. The Strategic Partnership Unit coordinates IUCN’s overall resource mobilization efforts. The mission of the intern will be to support SPU in a variety of research, communications, and logistics tasks. The below job description contains the main duties and responsibilities for this position. However, staff members are expected to show flexibility in their approach to work and be willing to undertake other tasks that are reasonably allocated to them but which are not part of their regular job description.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Background research/intelligence gathering (desktop) on selected bilateral donors and multilateral institutions. This will include analysis and synthesis of information on their development policies, environment and conservation strategies, partnership and funding priorities and budgets
- Contribute to strategic partnership building through background research on private sector partners as requested
- Develop background briefs on bilateral and multilateral donors and on private sector partners when required
- Prepare documents/communications for IUCN’s donors and support the management of donor information
- Contribute to communications and visibility activities and products tailored towards IUCN’s key existing and targeted donors
- Conduct research and prepare statistics/analysis on IUCN’s donors/funding using data from the IUCN project portal and other data sources
- Support the preparation of internal and external meetings with IUCN donors as well as fundraising events/receptions.
- Affinity with the vision and mission of IUCN and a strong interest in and good understanding of international environmental policies and developments;
- Studying towards a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a focus on environmental policy, sustainable development, international relations or business/marketing;
- Complete fluency in the English language, including excellent demonstrated English writing skills; additional languages are strong assets but not required;
- Sound understanding of information technology, with experience in applying Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as a minimum skill set;
- Proven analytical, conceptual, organization, multitasking, and problem-solving;
- Ability to work independently and on multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines without compromising the quality of outputs;
- Highly motivated to learn and develop new skills, keen to bring in own ideas;
- A team player with a strong interest to work in an international environment;
- EU National or holder of an EU work permit.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org