Tesla is seeking an all-round Brussels-based EU Policy Manager to join its growing Policy and business development team. You will be responsible for ensuring that the EU regulatory framework supports a rapid transition to zero-emission surface transport and sustainable energy, and, together with the policy team, ensure that EU rules are implemented favourably across Member states. You will also support the company’s mission by educating and proactively engaging with key stakeholders across EU institutions, governments, industry, academia and not-for-profit organisations on transport and energy topics. We are seeking candidates with a passion for Tesla’s mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and zero emission transport.
- Actively tracking and analysing relevant legislation and policy proposals across the EU that impact primarily electric vehicles, transportation fuels, charging infrastructure;
- Working with global Tesla teams to develop policy positions and leading policy and regulatory changes and implementation at Brussels and Member state levels to support Tesla’s mission;
- Building coalitions within the sustainable transportation and energy communities.
- Knowledge of EU-level decision making processes in the areas of attention and an understanding of policy-makers’ objectives and thinking. In particular:
- Externally, manage policy engagement processes at EU level;
- Internally, contribute to policy formulation and close coordination with the policy team, engineering, sales, legal teams; as appropriate;
- Retain and further develop a strong EU-level network to ensure that Tesla is called upon for consultation and comment to promote Tesla’s priorities.
- Work on opportunities and/or legal and political barriers posed by regulatory and competitive actors to:
- Enable Tesla’s continued sustainable growth;
- Ensure that key existing, helpful policies are maintained or strengthened;
- Ensure that potential obstacles or blockers are resolved or softened;
- Support the business team in developing new business opportunities in the region;
- Develop any necessary evidence base;
- Ensure close coordination with EU policy team on agreed priorities.
- Specific tactical expectations:
- Ensure excellent connections between Tesla and EU and national institutions; and representation at EU-level meetings and events;
- Deploy and sustain network of relevant policy-makers;
- Prioritise, organise and execute relevant meetings;
- Develop productive partnerships with civil society and business;
- Ensure that evidence supporting Tesla’s objectives gets publicized.
- Thrive in a multi-faceted and very fast-paced role, due to key personal traits that include:
- A strong ability to work across parallel issues and teams, and to manage a wide portofolio;
- Strong problem-solving skills – and a fast learner;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Comfortable with situations where outcomes are vague or ambiguous;
- Tenacious self-starter, with executive reporting skills.
- Proven track record of getting regulatory changes at EU or national level, successful interactions with policy-makers, including ability to define, strategize, communicate, and deliver against business objectives;
- In-depth understanding of EU transport policy;
- At least 5 years of directly relevant work experience;
- Excellent communication skills with a professional level of English (both written and spoken);
- Committed to working in a fast-paced environment with geographically diverse, global colleagues;
- Based in Brussels.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org