At OMV we produce and market oil and gas, as well as chemical solutions in a responsible way and develop innovative solutions for a circular economy. With Group sale revenues of EUR 17 bn and a workforce of around 25,000 employees in 2020 (incl. Borealis), We are one of Austria’s largest listed industrial companies.
In Chemicals & Materials, OMV, together with its subsidiary Borealis, is one of the world’s leading providers of advanced and circular polyolefin solutions and a European market leader in base chemicals, fertilizers and the mechanical recycling of plastics. Sustainability is an integral part of OMV’s corporate strategy. We support the transition to a lower-carbon economy and has set measurable targets for reducing carbon intensity.
Sustainability: Our approach
Due to our international activities in Exploration & Production, Refining & Marketing and Chemicals & Materials we can provide interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development. You can learn more about the world of OMV below:
- You are steering and continuously analyzing the political landscape, legislative initiatives, legislative processes and proposals on EU level with a potential impact on OMV's business, in order to ensure a 360° view on legislative initiatives and developments ("Alert System Management").
- You are steering policy processes by analyzing legislative proposals, by-laws, directives, regulations, position papers, political programs, declarations and others, in close internal cooperation and alignment. In reverse: Active contribution by participating in public consultations, commenting on legislative proposals, by-laws, directives and regulations etc. with the aim to position OMV's interests in the best possible way ("Regulatory Affairs").
- You are managing OMV's interests internally ("In house consultancy"): active management and streamlining of the company's different business interests to set a focused and target oriented advocacy/lobbying management plan which reflects the company's strategic business targets in close internal alignment.
- You are a pro-active support of Business projects by ensuring a coordinated and aligned external affairs approach. This requires in depth understanding of OMV's business units, knowledge on working in/with diverse and multi-language teams, experience in project management (target setting, budget- and time schedule planning, awareness raising, stakeholder mapping, process monitoring and reporting) and of course, profound expertise of the political and legislative environment OMV operates in.
- You are managing OMV's interests externally: Lobbying of OMV's position in the public policy sphere on EU level. This includes active stakeholder management to ensure trustful, sustainable relations towards EU relevant institutions, issue related single point of contact towards industry associations and interest groups (e.g. Business Europe, Fuels Europe, Hydrogen Europe, IOGP etc.) which requires extensive experience in lobbying processes on EU level.
- You are advising OMV senior decision makers on their interaction with decision makers and institutions in the public policy sphere.
- You have a Master Degree in Law, Business, Political Science, International Relations or similar
- You have minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience
- You have strong company orientation and commitment. You have excellent communications/social skills, cross-divisional working attitude and the ability to work independently
- You have oral and written fluency in German and English, excellent writing skills in both languages, and high flexibility and stress resistance
- You have attention to details and hands-on mentality, in depth knowledge of EU legislative processes and experience with lobbying processes and compliance
- You have networking skills with an existing network of political decision makers in Brussels / on EU level relevant to OMV
What to expect from OMV:
- We believe that we can only evolve and thrive as a company with a highly diverse mix of employees and by ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- We will encourage you to take on new responsibilities, work across different functions, become involved in new projects, as well as completing international assignments. In return, we have excellent development programs that will help you achieve your career goals and reach your potential. If energy is your life, this is your future!
What OMV can offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 70,386.12, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna Head Office
Learn more about why OMV is a great place to work:
Do you want to be part of a diverse team?
Business Principles and Social Responsibility
A day in the fascinating world of OMV
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org