Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), a German political foundation and non-profit organisation supports democratisation processes, rule of law and political dialogue worldwide. In its New York office that seeks to strengthen multilateralism and works closely with the UN system and like-minded organisations, the position of a Project Manager has opened up.
Analysis and Project Management
The office of Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung to the United Nations in New York serves as platform for dialogue between political stakeholders, UN representatives and global partners of KAS. Our key thematic areas are the rules based international order, peace and security; democracy, human rights, rule of law; support to the Agenda 2030 as well as the challenges of climate change and new technologies. The portfolio also includes commissioning or undertaking of research.
The responsibilities of the Project Manager encompass:
· Conceptualization, planning, budgeting, implementation, follow-up, as well as monitoring and evaluation of UN-related programs and activities focusing on our core areas.
· Documentation of projects and activities in the electronic project management system.
· Researching, writing and proof-reading of policy briefings, articles, event reports in the related thematic areas for publication or internal dissemination.
· Updating the website and social media accounts of KAS in relation to projects and activities.
· Liaison with partners from the UN, UN agencies, NGOs, academia and think tanks.
· Cooperation with the Finance and Human Resource Manager on project budget related questions.
· Reporting regularly to the Executive Director on the status of implementation of projects.
Your ideal profile:
· Master’s degree or equivalent in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Law or other relevant fields of study
· Strong interest in politics, multilateral processes and institutions as well as international development assistance.
· At least two years of professional experience in international affairs, ideally at the United Nations or at a Permanent Mission to the United Nations
· Experience working with relevant international think tanks and NGOs
· Proven track record of project management
· Excellent command of English (native), knowledge of German an advantage
· Impeccable research, writing and analytical skills
· Excellent organisational skills; ability to multitask and prioritize; capacity to meet deadlines and work under pressure
· Able to work independently as well as within a team
· Elaborate sense of responsibility
· Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity; capability to deal with people from a variety of backgrounds; ability to build effective working relationships with external partners
· Problem-solving, solution-oriented; hands-on personality
· Proficiency in MS Office; experience with social media
· Candidates must be a US citizen, have valid Green Card or US work permit (sponsorship is not available)
· Work in an international environment and exposure to different cultures
· Training opportunities
· Small and dynamic team
· Excellent healthcare (including dental & vision)
· Employer-paid short and long-term disability
· 401K and employer match
· Vacation and sick leave
$70,000 - $80,000 / year
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org